FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to tell my foundation no.!!

Go down 
+4
divadani
Pixiwoo Sam
Janett
samrea22
8 posters
AuthorMessage
samrea22

samrea22

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-10

how to tell my foundation no.!! Empty
PostSubject: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:41 am

hi
i wanted to know wat is th perfect way to know my foundation color ..

[img]how to tell my foundation no.!! Liquid10[/img]

hope to hear all th usefull tips

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Janett
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 pm

The best way to get the perfect match is to go see a makeup artist at a counter and have them match it for you. Don't test foundation on the back of your hand, or anywhere else on your body that is not your face. If you insist on doing it yourself, make some foundation swatches near your jawline with the testers and see which one matches most to your neck and body. I wouldn't recommend buying foundation online unless you already know your color.
Back to top Go down
samrea22

samrea22

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:38 pm

thanks for th tip
cos th problem out here u better do it ur self cos we don have tht expert makeup artist out here so pale
Back to top Go down
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin
Pixiwoo Sam

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Janett is completely right.
It is no big deal if there are no staff on the counter, try the foundation on your jaw line and make sure you leave the store to check the match in daylight.
Back to top Go down
https://fashionface.forumotion.com
divadani

divadani

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 3:08 pm

I swatch the foundation on my decollete area, above my chest. I do it so low because ultimately, you want to match your body to your face. When the neck/decollete don't match your face, you get this really weird effect of a floating light face on a dark neck, or vice versa.
Back to top Go down
amestle

amestle

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:50 pm

I always have a problem with finding the right match. My face color is like several shades lighter than my neck and shoulders. If I match my face, I look so pale compared to my neck. If I match my neck, it just doesnt look natural. If I go between, it just doesnt match either. Its always a struggle for me. Are there any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
CCee

CCee

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 2:26 am

You could try a moisturizer that has tinting effects on your lighter areas. This way if you use it every other day, you create a slightly darker skintone on your face (if you get the perfect colour use it every two or three days). Remember to fade out the colour on your neck, on your ears and hairline very well though, you don't want people to think you're wearing a tan mask.
Back to top Go down
http://www.seeceeme.com/
samrea22

samrea22

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:12 am

amestle wrote:
I always have a problem with finding the right match. My face color is like several shades lighter than my neck and shoulders. If I match my face, I look so pale compared to my neck. If I match my neck, it just doesnt look natural. If I go between, it just doesnt match either. Its always a struggle for me. Are there any suggestions?

or u could countur ur face with darker color tone matching ur nick color tone sort of bronzing effect ....
i guess this is easier cos i have th same problem and solve it lik tht (easy and quick)
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin
Pixiwoo Sam

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 am

Both great pieces of advice. For a tinted moisturiser Estee Lauder Daywear plus is amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://fashionface.forumotion.com
sweets

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Hi all!

Just wondered if anyone had ried Laura Mercier foundation/tinted moisturiser. I've heard conflicting reports about it either being lovely and light or too heavy??? scratch
Back to top Go down
cherries

cherries

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:20 am

Hello there,

how do u manage to match almost every skin color with the only 6 shades in Chanel?I love the consistency of it but somehow color never looks right on me.It is either too oragy or too rosey:(
If there is some kind of thrick I will be really happy to hear it:)

thnx to everyone that has any suggestions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to tell my foundation no.!!   how to tell my foundation no.!! Empty

Back to top Go down

how to tell my foundation no.!!
Page 1 of 1