essential makeup brush !!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
samrea22

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: essential makeup brush !!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:05 pm

heyyy

i want every1 to list what are the essential makeup brushes tht must have!!!this would really help th bigenners when th are starting

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samrea22

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 pm

i would say the essential makeup brush needed are :[/b]
[b]1) the concealer brush
[img][/img]

2) and for eyes the round brush , smudger and angle brush

i=5&u=13661546][/url][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

3)last is th blush brush
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CCee

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:22 pm

I haven't been so any school for this, so all the advise is just my opinion. But what kind of brushes you should get really depend on what type of person you are.

If you usually only do foundation and eyeliner, I'd say get those brushes (you can also blend your concealer with your foundation brush).

If you're contouring and use blusher, get a(n) (angled) blush brush (which you can also use for bronzer/contouring).

If you're starting on eyeshadow, I'd say get a large eyeshadow brush for the overall colour and a smaller one for more detailed work. I do recommend a crease/blending brush though.

After a while you'll figure out that you want a pencil brush for blending under your eyes etc etc. And you can add to your brush collection slowly. I have and I have a LOT of brushes now.

For brands, I think you can go for the expensive ones if you like (Dior has a great foundation brush, but it's expensive), but Sephora does great cheaper brushes. I love the brushes The Body Shop has (also more pricey) but some arts and crafts stores also have amazing brushes that you can use (there are many people talking about the Loew Cornell art brushes online). Boots should have some great brushes (I don't know a brand) if I remember correctly (the last time I was in England they had some pretty good brushes).

I personally recently got hooked on the Smashbox no. 15 definer brush, The Body Shop retractable blush brush (which I take with me for powder application) and the Urban Decay wonder brush.

So it really depends on what you really want from the brushes, where you live and how much you can and/or are willing to spend on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.seeceeme.com/
kaaatie

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:30 pm

I usually use MAC brushes, here are my favourites:
168, 195, 219, 239, 275, 224
The ones in bold are can't-live-without. I use Chanel foundation brush, BB eyeliner brush, synthetic brushes from Screenface and a couple of big powder brushes from Sephora.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:58 am

I have just done a tutorial on my favourite brushes. I will be uploaded later today.

My all time favorites are MAC 239 and 217
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fashionface.forumotion.com
samrea22

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:21 am

Pixiwoo Sam wrote:
I have just done a tutorial on my favourite brushes. I will be uploaded later today.

My all time favorites are MAC 239 and 217

yay .... thnks

Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DemureBelle

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:23 am

Sorry, this is probably kind of out of the topic. But i was wondering, what do you guys think about the body shop's brushes?
thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samrea22

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:31 am

DemureBelle wrote:
Sorry, this is probably kind of out of the topic. But i was wondering, what do you guys think about the body shop's brushes?
thank you

in my opinion i feel tht its xpnsive for nothin

cos i feel i'd rether buy cheap once or if xpensive should buy from makeup stores lik mac ,bobbi brown or so.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CCee

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:59 am

I agree with them being pricey, but on the other hand, I've been using the same one for over 5 years.... and it still looks amazing.... so you do get quality.

I think I have 3 The Body Shop brushes. The angled one, the concealer brush and a retractable blush/powder brush.

Before the Sephora came here, the only place you could buy good brushes was the Body Shop, so I didn't have a choice then, but I bought the retractable one a month ago, so I still think it's worth it. They do have a limited selection of brushes through.

I can't tell you if MAC's brushes are better, simply because they don't sell it here Sad
Back to top Go down
amandalovesmac

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:51 am

I have a question about brushes-I would love a more complicated eye look but i can't usualt get the outer V or crease color to look blended without going up way over the crease. What is a good brush for blending out crease color or applying it and making it look natural like in you videos-any tips or tricks?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://themakeupfix.blogspot.com/
samrea22

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:36 pm

amandalovesmac wrote:
I have a question about brushes-I would love a more complicated eye look but i can't usualt get the outer V or crease color to look blended without going up way over the crease. What is a good brush for blending out crease color or applying it and making it look natural like in you videos-any tips or tricks?

try using th rounded brush... it looks like a blush brush but very small albino
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odette

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:33 pm

I have more than 5 but here are some of my current favourites:

1. Adesign's pointed foundation brush. This really gets into all the nooks and crannies.

2. Adesign's flat top foundation brush. This is really great for stippling especially in areas where you need a little bit more coverage.

3.&4. MAC's 239 and 217 brushes. I highly recommend these two brushes as a must when starting an eye brush collection they are both very versatile.

5. MAC's 228. It's great for fine detail work and if you have a smaller eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justinethequeen

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:52 am

I know that I wouldn't be able to do without MACs 217. I also like the NARS 13 brush. I know Sam doesn't really like NARS brushes, but it's a tapered blending brush that's great for the crease. I think it's similar to the old 224 brush by MAC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marimartinez12

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:06 am

amandalovesmac wrote:

For applying lid color I like the 239
For applying crease color, I like the 217 or 224
For blending out the crease color, a CLEAN 217 or 224

Hope this was helpful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amandalovesmac

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks Smile I am new to using specific brushes I always used what came with the product=which don't give u the greatest results as specific brushes do Smile
Back to top Go down
DemureBelle

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:15 am

samrea22 wrote:
DemureBelle wrote:
thank you

in my opinion i feel tht its xpnsive for nothin

cos i feel i'd rether buy cheap once or if xpensive should buy from makeup stores lik mac ,bobbi brown or so.... Shocked

thank youuu!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DemureBelle

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:23 am

CCee wrote:
I agree with them being pricey, but on the other hand, I've been using the same one for over 5 years.... and it still looks amazing.... so you do get quality.

I think I have 3 The Body Shop brushes. The angled one, the concealer brush and a retractable blush/powder brush.

Before the Sephora came here, the only place you could buy good brushes was the Body Shop, so I didn't have a choice then, but I bought the retractable one a month ago, so I still think it's worth it. They do have a limited selection of brushes through.

I can't tell you if MAC's brushes are better, simply because they don't sell it here Sad

WOW!! FIVE YEARS!!
btw, i already bought the blush brush. And it works pretty good. I originally gonna buy MAC's brushes, but but from where i live they're a lot more expensive than the body shop's brush. So I've been saving for the 239 and 217. Hopefully, i will be able to buy them.
Thank for your reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CCee

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:19 am

You're welcome.
I hope you love your brushes as much as I do!
Back to top Go down
amandalovesmac

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:42 am

justinethequeen wrote:
I know that I wouldn't be able to do without MACs 217. I also like the NARS 13 brush. I know Sam doesn't really like NARS brushes, but it's a tapered blending brush that's great for the crease. I think it's similar to the old 224 brush by MAC.
I just got the MAC 217 and I love it!!!Now I am looking for a good contour brush!
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Sat May 16, 2009 8:38 am

Hi Amanda,

I notice that you are in Canada so have access to Shopper's Drug Mart. Some of the Quo brushes are excellent and if you wait until they have a 40% sale, they are dirt cheap. The ones that I have and love are:

• LINER/BROW BRUSH - love this for my brows.
  • BRONZING POWDER BRUSH
  • ALL OVER SHADOW BRUSH - this is probably my favourite. Waiting for the 40% off sale to get another one (or two).
  • EYE SMUDGER BRUSH
  • FAN BRUSH

Here is a link to the brushes that they have.

My favourite MAC brush is the 217. Need to get a couple more of these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
webdivauk

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Mon May 25, 2009 1:43 pm

If I were to go for one brush it would be a blending brush. It makes a huge difference to your eye makeup.

The brushes I use are MAC 217, 239 and an ELF Defining brush (similar to MAC 263 or 266) and a Kubuki brush. These are my favourites so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
negritosmom

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:44 pm

I'm training to be a MUA in Argentina and will be training with SAM next month!!! yay!!! I do own short handle brushes by MAC but I will be buying my professional brushes in the UK. I´ll be getting the 217, 219 and the 224 in the duty free shop. I was thinking that the AOFM brushes look like a good deal. Do you think that they are comparable to the MAC brushes? Can anybody help me? Thanks Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samWalsh

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 am

Quote :
I was thinking that the AOFM brushes look like a good deal. Do you think that they are comparable to the MAC brushes? Can anybody help me?

just bumping this one as I am getting the AOFM brush set
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: essential makeup brush !!   

Back to top Go down

essential makeup brush !!
Page 1 of 1