Share | 

Contouring - how do you do yours?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Contouring - how do you do yours?   Wed May 27, 2009 5:17 pm

I find contouring hard and i'm not sure why. I loved Sam's tutorial on it, it really helped me with bronzing too, however I just wondered what products people use, especially those products that don't say "FOR CONTOURING" on them.

For example I sometimes use a pressed powder that is quite a few shades too dark for me (a job lot of makeup items- needless to say it's not the best way to get skin products!), and that seems to work quite well, but if anyone can share anything other tips that would be great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wicked

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Contouring - how do you do yours?   Wed May 27, 2009 7:59 pm

I find contouring my face hard for whatever reason.I think its probably because im so fair.But i use Mac Harmony which im pretty sure is a blush.And this might sound odd but ive got loads of eyebrow powders which i never use,im more of an eyebrow pencil girl lol But there browns so ive used them for contouring my face and to contour my eyes.I didnt want to just chuck them besides it works just as good as any contouring powder or blush.I probably wouldnt suggest anyone go out and buy brow powder for the purpose of using it for contouring lol But if youve got it and you dont use it...try it as a contour lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carolyn

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Contouring - how do you do yours?   Thu May 28, 2009 12:47 am

I use MAC Sculpt & Shape I think it's called which is a shader & highlighter in one compact, love it, love it, love it Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Contouring - how do you do yours?   Thu May 28, 2009 1:19 am

Wicked wrote:
I find contouring my face hard for whatever reason.I think its probably because im so fair.But i use Mac Harmony which im pretty sure is a blush.And this might sound odd but ive got loads of eyebrow powders which i never use,im more of an eyebrow pencil girl lol But there browns so ive used them for contouring my face and to contour my eyes.I didnt want to just chuck them besides it works just as good as any contouring powder or blush.I probably wouldnt suggest anyone go out and buy brow powder for the purpose of using it for contouring lol But if youve got it and you dont use it...try it as a contour lol

Haha I love thatmyou use eyebrow powder as a contour! There really can't be much difference in consistency can there, it's more about the colour.

I think my main problem is knowing when to stop. Contouring is supposed to be subtle but i forget that and often end up with ultra hollowed out cheeks just looking like mucky cheeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PerPetualRose

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Contouring - how do you do yours?   Sat May 30, 2009 3:47 am

I only loosely contour my face. I find if I try anything to formal or strong that I just look silly, especially on my skin tone. I have heard of people using Nyx taupe blush as a contouring powder, but I have never used it myself. I personally use Make Up For Ever brand Sculpting kit and I only use it really light with a blush brush to add a little more dimension to my pale skin without looking like I am "contoured" with make up.

I kind of feel like the right balance of bronzer, blush and highlighters can do more than enough contouring, and that heavier contouring should be saved for night time and/or pictures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GlossBliss

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Contouring - how do you do yours?   Sun May 31, 2009 8:30 am

I only contour my cheek bones a little, my face is pretty defined anyways, and I use either Lancome Blush Subtil in 08 or a dark matte contour powder (really it's just a mid brown blush) from a local brand, applied with a round buffer brush (a little bigger than the MAC 109).

If I have to contour my nose I use a flat top small brush to put down the color and a large paddle brush like the MAC 227 to blend down and define the bridge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contouring - how do you do yours?   

Back to top Go down

Contouring - how do you do yours?
Page 1 of 1