PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The 5 make-up products you can't live without

Go down 
AuthorMessage
daisyb

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:14 pm

I always love these topics. List the 5 products that you just couldn't live without and why. Here are mine:

1. Mac Fluidline. I was recommended this product by so many people- I used to just use a pencil eyeliner but I bought this and it was a revelation. I LOVE it. I tried it on my sister and she went out and bought it straight away. I love how you can wear it thick or thin, day and night and it's so easy to apply. It definately changed my whole make-up routine.

2. MAC Studio Sculpt I love this product because you only need a pea sized amount to cover your face and I never feel like it's too thick. Whenever I wear it my boyfriend tells me I look like a porcelain doll and that my skins looks nice. It also stays on all day so lots of thumbs up for this.

3. Benefit High Beam I wear this without fail when going out. Although I like Benefit, I think it's an expensive brand mainly because of the packaging. However this product is ace. I love how it makes your cheekbones stand out so much in photos.

4. Too Faced Shadow Insurance I didn't think an eyeliner primer would make much difference to my make-up but this is fab. It makes my eyeshadow brighter and stays on for the whole day. It also means that my eyeshadow doesn't crease.

5.L'Oreal Voluminous I could never be without a mascara. I have recently discovered this old classic and for only £6 it's a good price. It gives my lashes lots of volume so it's become a make-up bag staple.

So come on girl...what are your top fives?

PS. Love the website and your YouTube channel Sam and Nic Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cupcakeswithcherries.blogspot.com/
kaaatie

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Great idea for a topic! I love...

Bioderma Crealine H20 solution Not actually a make-up product but a general beauty one, but it comes in so handy when doing my make-up for clearing up mistakes. It is amazing at removing any kind of make-up. It's also so great as a cleanser when I'm feeling lazy and gets every trace of dirt off if I use it after my normal cleanser. It's so gentle, and cheap in France.

Giorgio Armani Face Fabric This is a new really unusual sheer-coverage foundation that has the most amazing effect on my skin. My pores just disappear and my skin feels velvety and unbelievably smooth.

Lancome Effacernes A really cool liquid concealer, long-lasting and easy to blend. I've been applying it with the new MAC 195 brush and it helps me get flawless!

MAC paint pot in Bare Study This is the perfect shimmery champagne-coloured eyeshadow base, it goes perfectly with browns and taupes and works with many more eyeshadow colours. It gives them a subtle shimmer, helps them go on and blend smoothly and they last for ages.

MAC cream colour base in Pearl A pearly white-cream shimmer. I use it as an eyeshadow base (great for pigments as its sticky) or a highlighter on my cheekbones and browbones, I've already hit the pan on two - I love them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amestle

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:30 pm

heres my contribution:

1. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation: Ive tried a lot of products and this is the one that worked with my skin the best. All the colors either broke me out, irritated me, or did not give good results. It is easy to blend, long lasting, and a perfect color match. It gives me just the right amount of coverage for me.
( i love the giorgio armani face fabric too! But it is wayyy too pricey for me to use often)

2. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner: I love how it stays put. even the mac blacktrack smudges for me some bit. Its easy to apply and easy to take off. Its not too runny or is it too clumpy.

3. Shu Uemura eyebrow pencil H9 formula: My eyebrows are like tanya's. Its missing the end portion. So I need to do them everyday. I love this product because it gives a really natural look and it stays put. It doesnt give off too much color so it's easy to control how much and how dark you want your brows to be.

4. Mac Pink Swoon Blush: I love this color. It's a sheertone blush so its gives just the perfect pink flush. My ultimate go to blush. I'm relative pale, so this shows up perfectly on me.

5. Dior Show Blackout mascara: I've definitely tried my hand at a lot of mascara. This gives me the perfect results. Its volumizing and lengthening. And its so dark!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CCee

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 am

I wish they sold Giorgio Armani cosmetics in my country Sad

Well, my top 5 is:
Smashbox, Photofinish Foundation Primer I use this alone or under my foundation. It makes my foundation stay on all day, and if I wear it alone I get a great velvet finish. I love how my skin feels when I wear this and I can't imagine a time when I didn't use it (even though it wasn't that long ago Wink )

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion because I have very oily eyelids, the TooFaced doesn't work that well. The Primer Potion however works like magic, the colours are more radiant and they keep all day (even if I shower it's still on there Very Happy )

Make Up For Ever High Definition Powder which works wonders on my pores and doesn't creep into the fine lines under my eyes.

Dior Iconic mascara for great length, volume, curl etc etc. The colour is amazing and I love the brush (even though I usually hate these types of brushes[/b]

Smashbox JetSet everytime I put anything on my waterline, it runs, the colour fades within 30 minutes Sad , but with this product it stays on all day!! I do have to be careful putting in my contacts afterwards though, because it can stain my contacts. But it's all worth it, JetSet stays where I place it untill I take it off Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.seeceeme.com/
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:18 am

1. Bioderma Crealine H2O the only MU remover that doesnt make my eyes sore. (actually the Chanel one is also great but 3 times the price)

2. Shu Uemura H9 eyebrow pencil. My eyebrows are pretty much blonde which means that I look like a total moon face without my eyebrow pencil.

3. Chanel Pro lumiere (nuff said)

4. Bobbi Brown Long-wear gel liner

5. Make-up brushes (does than count as one?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fashionface.forumotion.com
Gwen0306

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:42 am

OK, its up to me! Very Happy

1) MAC Studio Finish Concealer. Its amazing what it can do to your Face. It covers perfect and is absolutely durable

2) Bobby Brown ES in Blonde. I use it for my Eyebrows, on my Eyes for a natural Look but also für Smokey Eyes

3) MAC Blush in Moccha and Babyblush

4) Manhattan Fluid Eyeliner in Black

5) Rubinstein Generous Mascara in black, for great Lashes

Thats it... flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:47 am

Bugger...I forgot concealer!

My all time fav is MAC studio finish. x
Back to top Go down
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:09 am

That's cheating, Sam. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:47 am

lol! I thought I got away with that.
Back to top Go down
amandalovesmac

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:03 am

5 products I love -
1. Aveda all sensitive mositurizer
2. Nars Ashes to ashes e/s
3. Cargo High definition eyeliner in black(always line my waterline)
4. Stila smudge pot in bronze
5. Mac liner in Teddy

very hard to choose just five this dosen't incluse lipstick, lipliner, primers,gloss etc...............lol...........So addicted to makeup Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://themakeupfix.blogspot.com/
abbya

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: re: fav. 5   Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:18 am

here i go!

1. it would have to be my Bare Escentuals mineral foundation in medium beige. i cannot live w/o it.

2. MAC Fix+. first, i put on my moisturizer and then wait 1-2 minutes, thennn i spray the Fix+ and THEN apply my BE foundation. you would not believe how beautiful it is! of course i use a kabuki brush to buff it in and wow, natural and flawless.

3. i would have to say my CARMEX chapstick!

4. I love my Lancome blush(er) in Shimmer. my mom used the same one (she passed away in 2006 Sad ).

5. also, lancome mascara. handsdown the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marimartinez12

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:42 pm

The 5 I cant live without.....(in no order of importance.... that's asking too much and narrowing it down to 5 was plenty difficult)

1. Fresh Supernova Mascara (<-------AMAZING in one good coat, yet I use like 3. lol)

2. MAC lip gloss in Pinkarat (so flattering.... there's one in my pocket, my purse, my car, my husband's car, etc.)

3. Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4. My Shu Uemura lash curler

5. Benefit's Benetint (lasts allllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyyyyy longggggggggg with a nice flush to the cheeks)

Done.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poofaloo

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Ok here goes, my first post and possibly the hardest!! Like most of us here, I am and always have been addicted to make up. I have one of those see through 5 drawer towers on wheels....crammed with makeup. That said, I do have it organised into catergories (saddo Rolling Eyes !)

Anyway, my 5 can't live without products would have to be (in no particular order)

1. E45 cream - I use this basic cream on my face, used clinique's whole range for years and it did nothing but harm I found , started using this and voila

2. Wee tin of vaseline for my lips - I have one of these in almost every room of the house, in my bag, car & drawer at work. In fact I start to twitch if I know I've gone out without one in my bag!

3. Dior Show black mascara - need i say more?

4. Benefit Dandelion blush - love the subtle natural glow it gives to the apples of my cheeks

5. Clinique bronzer - great to lightly dust when I have no real time for make up (most of my week!)

Well thats my lot, if I'm totally honest there are another probably 5 items that I simply cannot live without but thought I'd stick to the rules on my maiden voyage lol!!

Bye all cheers

PS - Sam & Nic, would love to have your talent, the videos are fab and I'm loving the website!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
divadani

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Well here are my top 5 items that I just couldn't do without!

1. NYC Chroma Face Glow in Moonstone: great everyday rosy cheek colour with just a hint of shimmer to give you a lovely glow.

2. Sephora Concealer Palette: a 4-colour palette with two neutral shades, one salmon, and one mint. Definitely a must after late nights.

3. Coastal Scents 88-Colour Palette in Matte: has 90% of the colours that I will ever need in creating any makeup look. I reach for it whether I'm doing something really simply for day or really dramatic for evening.

4. Urban Decay Primer Potion: all of my lovely 88 eye shadows would fall victim to my sweaty eyelids if this stuff didn't exist.

5. Make-Up Forever Liquid Lift Foundation: this foundation has lasted me forever because you need so little to get great coverage. it gives a really nice finish and has been my go-to foundation for when i want to cover up my crater-sized pores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katie21

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:34 pm

5 things I cannot live without:

1. Origins Perfect World Moisturiser - love this...
2. Chanel Vitalumiere - I love this foundation as my skin is quite dry in areas
3. L'oreal Voluminous - mascara all the way.
4. Shu Uemura eyebrow pencil - I have one perfect brow, and the other one has half of it missing, someone explain how this is possible...??
5. MAC lipglass Nymphette - very pretty pink.

Katie
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samrea22

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:00 pm

mine would be :

1)good moisturizer to keep th face fresh and glowyy Embarassed

2)a concealer for under eye and to cover any unwanted spots Smile

3)bronzer to contour and as a blush (2 in 1)

4)dark eyeshadow for smoky look (black, chocolate brown, or army green)

5)last is good voulmizing mascara

actually it shoud be 6 things must have cos lip gloss is a must too
scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Just be glad the thread isn't "The 1 makeup product you can't live without." I've seen them before, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noorie x

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:06 am

1. Dior Forever foundation- Looks super natural and gives great coverage
2. Too Faced Lava eyeliner pencil
3. Smashbox O Glow blush- Blends like a dream into the skin
4. Eyelash curlers
5. Carmex lip balm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:43 am

1. Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat: Actually can't go a day without this stuff

2. Too Faced - Shadow Insurance: Loving it and using it almost every day at the moment

3. Bourjois - blush - Rose Ambre - is the most natural blush colour I have found to go with my skin. Feel as white as a sheet without it.

4. Mac - Liquidlast liners - my eyes water in the wind and Edinburgh is never without a breeze so this is a must have for me.

5. (Current addiction) Cover Girl - Outlast Lipstain - I'm loving this bright red lipstain at the moment. Working a retro look.

Ax
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 5 make-up products you can't live without   

Back to top Go down

The 5 make-up products you can't live without
Page 1 of 1