FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eyeliner practice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DollyV

DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Eyeliner practice Empty
PostSubject: Eyeliner practice   Eyeliner practice EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 7:19 pm

I loved Sam's trend video for eyeliner this season. I'm a bit shakey with it but recently I found a very small and fine art brush that makes very small lines, much better for my small lids. Here are the results, bear in mind i purposefully used a crap liner for practice sakes hence it flaked.

Eyeliner practice Photo114
Back to top Go down
Astrid

Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Eyeliner practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyeliner practice   Eyeliner practice EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Nice job! Loving the look on you.

I was thinking of giving it a try but using a different colour.
Ax
Back to top Go down
killingspree

killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Eyeliner practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyeliner practice   Eyeliner practice EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 8:25 am

I wish i could line like that! It looks soo neat and perfect.

Got any tips for noobs? Im horrendously bad with it.
Back to top Go down
http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
DollyV

DollyV

Eyeliner practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyeliner practice   Eyeliner practice EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:49 pm

Absolutely and as one noob to another there's a few things i've discovered through trial and error.

I like to do a pre-emptive line first with a liner brush and light brown or grey eyeshadow and then line on top of that. This way it is literally painting in the lines that are already there. There isn't a lot of room for error when it comes to liquid liner, so get the shape first and you're set.

In regards to position, use your brush resting against the ege of your nostril and to the corner of your eye. Follow this angle on each side and the ticks should be even (ish).

Also neaten up lines with a wet qtip and set with shadow, dabbed on of course. Maybe even moisten your brush and dab a bit of damp shadow on top for hold.

Recently I discovered that my lines were made more even and hands less shakey by leaning my whole body weight forward onto my arms, and then lining but this might just be a bit of a kooky quirk on my part!
Back to top Go down
Janett
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Eyeliner practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyeliner practice   Eyeliner practice EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 5:22 am

I absolutely love this. Fantastic job! Clap
Back to top Go down
killingspree

killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Eyeliner practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyeliner practice   Eyeliner practice EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 1:16 pm

DollyV wrote:
Absolutely and as one noob to another there's a few things i've discovered through trial and error.

I like to do a pre-emptive line first with a liner brush and light brown or grey eyeshadow and then line on top of that. This way it is literally painting in the lines that are already there. There isn't a lot of room for error when it comes to liquid liner, so get the shape first and you're set.

In regards to position, use your brush resting against the ege of your nostril and to the corner of your eye. Follow this angle on each side and the ticks should be even (ish).

Also neaten up lines with a wet qtip and set with shadow, dabbed on of course. Maybe even moisten your brush and dab a bit of damp shadow on top for hold.

Recently I discovered that my lines were made more even and hands less shakey by leaning my whole body weight forward onto my arms, and then lining but this might just be a bit of a kooky quirk on my part!

thanks for the tips. =)
I once tried to just colour in my lid with a huge glob of black gel liner and then use qtip to get rid the excess...
failed miserably and i couldnt go out because i couldnt get rid of all the black stuff!
These are sooo helpful.
x
Back to top Go down
http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
DollyV

DollyV

Eyeliner practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyeliner practice   Eyeliner practice EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Haha! Oh sometimes you just got to own makeup mistakes. I ALWAYS mess up Flase lashes. I place them wrong or something then the glue wipes away the liner then they're
uneven and look ridiculous. Pixiwoo are so dainty :'(
Back to top Go down
Odette

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Eyeliner practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyeliner practice   Eyeliner practice EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Great tips DollyV. This really makes sense the more I think about it. Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eyeliner practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyeliner practice   Eyeliner practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Eyeliner practice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FASHIONFACE :: Beauty Forums :: Tutorial Discussions-
Jump to: