PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Advice about eye primer and contemplating becoming a make up artist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maclover28

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Advice about eye primer and contemplating becoming a make up artist   Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:49 pm

Hey all Very Happy - im new to this forum
Discovered Samantha's vids on YouTube which are fantastic.

Been a massive lover of make up for many years and i often do my friends make up for them. I use a variety of makes from MAC, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Smashbox etc

I've noticed on Samantha's videos on YouTube that she doesn't use a eye primer when applying her eyeshadow - is there a reason for that? I only ask because previously (before i discovered MAC eyeprimer), after a few hours of applying my eyeshadow, my eye lids would go greasy and the eyeshadow would crease. I then discovered MAC eye primer which was fantastic but i find it quite thick - any suggetsions for other primers at all please?

How easy would it be for me to become a make up artist in my region? I've always been very creative and artistic as a person (through painting, drawing and photograophy)Would i have to go through the whole training school process? Samantha's course looks VERY tempting and i think it would prove invaluable. If anything, i would be offering my services to brides, birthday night out occasions, etc etc.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and look forward to any advice!!

Emma
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carolyn

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Advice about eye primer and contemplating becoming a make up artist   Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:39 am

Where are you from?

I've just completed a make up college course and would love to go on Sam's course for the extra experience. I'm really hoping she does one in manchester so that I could travel the distance from Doncaster on a daily basis as I don't have anyone that can look after my little lad overnight for 5 solid days

x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Advice about eye primer and contemplating becoming a make up artist   Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:58 am

I think sam uses Jemma Kidd i-perfector somtimes.

and she mentions primers here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adPVX6POa8M&feature=channel_page

and here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PoPhJi9Gzk&feature=channel_page
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice about eye primer and contemplating becoming a make up artist   

Back to top Go down

Advice about eye primer and contemplating becoming a make up artist
Page 1 of 1