Professional and non-professional make-up chat
 
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Looking for a lip color like this one...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MyDiorLipsGlow



Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a lip color like this one...   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:01 pm

I'm looking for a lipstick/gloss etc that is close to this color. I especially am looking for the first photo one, but the other I am interested in too. Thanks!


Looking for a lip color like this one... 2rcncxx


Looking for a lip color like this one... 51zqkh


Looking for a lip color like this one... 14y5qc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses



Number of posts : 44
Age : 40
Location : Paris
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lip color like this one...   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 6:35 pm

I think it's pretty close to MAC's Blow Dry from the BBR Collection....But I'm not sure if you can easily find it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyDiorLipsGlow



Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lip color like this one...   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:10 pm

lesbelleschoses wrote:
I think it's pretty close to MAC's Blow Dry from the BBR Collection....But I'm not sure if you can easily find it...

They have some on ebay, but I'm a little weary buying make up off ebay.
That color does look right though. I was looking on mac's site, they don't have too many coral pinks except two that look too bright.

Well darn.

Thanks .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses



Number of posts : 44
Age : 40
Location : Paris
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lip color like this one...   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:45 pm

I understand you, I would also never buy any makeup on ebay, or just anywhere. I meant, maybe you could ask a MAC counter if they still had some....Here in Paris, the MAC Pro counter sometimes has stuff from older collections, it seems they collect the "rests", and dometimes as well in the MAC counter in the Sephora on the Champs-Elysées (that's how I got 3 extra pieces of Blow Dry!).

In the permanent collection, See Sheer might be one of the closest colours to Blow Dry, but you might find it is too coral and too bright compared with what you are looking for. You can have a try, though, using your fingers in order not to put too much on your lips! And it stays longer than BD (really, the Lustre lipsticks are very bad for that).

I know a friend of mine has a very close colour by Dior, I don't remember the number anymore (something like 689 but I'm really not sure), it doesn't look like it's close when you look at the tube, but it's amazing on her lips and stays quite long....But I've had a look at a few Dior counters and I couldn't find it, she had got it from a friend who is a beauty journalist, so I don't know whether it was too early for this collection, or.....I don't know. The lipstick looks a medium red in the tube with some pink and much shimmer, but looks very natural on the lips...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyDiorLipsGlow



Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lip color like this one...   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:50 pm

lesbelleschoses wrote:
I understand you, I would also never buy any makeup on ebay, or just anywhere. I meant, maybe you could ask a MAC counter if they still had some....Here in Paris, the MAC Pro counter sometimes has stuff from older collections, it seems they collect the "rests", and dometimes as well in the MAC counter in the Sephora on the Champs-Elysées (that's how I got 3 extra pieces of Blow Dry!).

In the permanent collection, See Sheer might be one of the closest colours to Blow Dry, but you might find it is too coral and too bright compared with what you are looking for. You can have a try, though, using your fingers in order not to put too much on your lips! And it stays longer than BD (really, the Lustre lipsticks are very bad for that).

I know a friend of mine has a very close colour by Dior, I don't remember the number anymore (something like 689 but I'm really not sure), it doesn't look like it's close when you look at the tube, but it's amazing on her lips and stays quite long....But I've had a look at a few Dior counters and I couldn't find it, she had got it from a friend who is a beauty journalist, so I don't know whether it was too early for this collection, or.....I don't know. The lipstick looks a medium red in the tube with some pink and much shimmer, but looks very natural on the lips...

Ok, I'll try that. I was looking at "Made with love" by mac and it seems like it could be good. Of course I'm going to have to try this stuff on to be sure when it comes to colors I don't normally get. Thanks for all the info!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses



Number of posts : 44
Age : 40
Location : Paris
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lip color like this one...   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 6:25 am

You can also have a look at the swatches on the web, it's often easier than on Mac website ;-)

I've done a research on "mac blow dry dupe" but it didn't help...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses



Number of posts : 44
Age : 40
Location : Paris
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lip color like this one...   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:20 am

PS: Have a look at Benefit Jing a Ling as well :-) and to estee lauder's and clinique's lipsticks :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses



Number of posts : 44
Age : 40
Location : Paris
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: I THINK I'VE GOT IT!!!!!   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Mac's Costa Chic :-))))
Google it to see the effect, it really seems to be very close to the one you're looking for, even better than Blow Dry, and not in limited edition :-)

I don't know where you live, it seems you can find it in Europe but not elsewhere; then try Ramblin' Rose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyDiorLipsGlow



Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: !   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:48 pm

lesbelleschoses wrote:
Mac's Costa Chic :-))))
Google it to see the effect, it really seems to be very close to the one you're looking for, even better than Blow Dry, and not in limited edition :-)

I don't know where you live, it seems you can find it in Europe but not elsewhere; then try Ramblin' Rose

Ok thanks! I have looked at costa chic online, will look again. I did order "Made with love" by mac which is a bright pink-coral. Someone swatched it and said it was like a more pale costa chic.

I will go check out ramblin rose now, thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyDiorLipsGlow



Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: I found these swatches of Mac corals...   Looking for a lip color like this one... EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:57 pm

You are right Costa chic looks like it, Made with love looks like it too lol And I'm broke...For now I did get "Made with love" ...I'll have to try costa chic on to see if it works for me, since I'm way fairer skinned than she is.

Looking for a lip color like this one... 20hlg7l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for a lip color like this one...   Looking for a lip color like this one... Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Looking for a lip color like this one...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FASHIONFACE :: Beauty Forums :: General Make-up Talk-
Jump to: