PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

advice needed - how to create a decent base

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sparkle*

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: advice needed - how to create a decent base   Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:31 pm

I have really dry skin which is also really problematic with blemishes so i have to wear a substantial base to cover all those. Problem is, even after iv just finished my makeup my skin looks kind of grainy and dry and it looks like iv just not put any of it on properly even when i spend 10 minutes blending! I use mac studio fix foundation and concealer because these are the only ones i have been able to find to cover my blemishes having tried chanel, clinique and multiple others, with select sheer loose powder.

I would be so grateful if anyone could offer me any insight here because it really gets me down. I exfoliate my face regularly to help my dry skin and always moisturise so I really dont know what else to do to get my makeup to look fresh and flawless!
Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: At this stage   Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:11 am

I think it's not anymore a quastion of make-up; you can improve this a little bit doing hydrating masks...Avene's one is really good and cheap, but whatever the brand, it should really help you.

Also, if the "grains" under your skin are kind of "future" black heads or spots, you should see a dermatologist, exfoliating won't help since these are not dead skins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkle*

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: advice needed - how to create a decent base   Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:21 am

thanks so much for the reply i will definately try masks for my skin, the grains are less potential bad skin but look more like my skin is dry and cracking (but not flaking) even though its not and it only seems to happen when i put my makeup on although not wearing any really isnt an option sadly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: advice needed - how to create a decent base   Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:14 pm

Oh, so forget what I have told before, I was thinking of something particular actually. Hydrtaing masks can't be bad for your skin, but it might not been the solution :-( sorry.

Where is it placed on your skin? I mean, I suppose it is more on your cheeks, but what part of your cheeks? Is it recent, have you changed your skin routine (or cream) before it happened, or is it something you have always had -more or less-?

Anyway, if it does not depend from the products you are using, it might more efficient to show it to a dermatologist, who could find where it comes from and cure the origins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: advice needed - how to create a decent base   

Back to top Go down

advice needed - how to create a decent base
Page 1 of 1