Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CarolineSofia

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Hey y'all!
Haven't found a discussion on the Bare Escentuals, Bare Minerals brand and I would like to know how y'all feel about it - especially Sam and Nic. I've been using it for a couple of years now, and at first I thought it was a god send, now I'm not so sure. Would love your opinions on it.
xoxo
Caroline
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megan

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:43 pm

The bismuth it contains reacts badly with my skin, causing it to burn and turn red. I've had little luck with the brand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prettymakeup.net
samWalsh

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:59 am

Gave me spots unfortunaly, but the mineral veil is nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: I hate it   Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:04 am

It gives me the feeling that I am just putting a huge amount of dust onto my face, and even if the finish is quite good, I just can't stand it.

Also, I hate the fact they advert on it saying that one could sleep with it, gives me the same feeling as a t-shirt seller that would say I could wear them a whole month without washing it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melnrye

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:59 pm

I think it is ok, the eyeshadows are extremely hard for me to blend. The foundation makes my face itch when I get hot...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellobianca

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:15 pm

My best friend has sworn by Bare Escentuals for a few years now (especially their loose powder foundation). I used to love them (I was the one who got my bestie using them!) but I soon noticed that it did little to help with my combination skin type. It resulted in break-outs and I had to put an abrupt stop to using it.

So I give it a big NO NO in my books for me at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keesuhlee

Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:01 am

I feel the same way. when I first bought it, I thought it was a godsend. now when I put it on, it does minimal coverage. granted, I look better than before I put it on, but it's not the perfection it was when I bought it three years ago. I'm thinking it may be the wear on the brushes, or my skin just got too accustom to it. I'm looking for a new powder that does the coverage that it did when I first used it. any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellobianca

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:24 am

keesuhlee wrote:
I feel the same way. when I first bought it, I thought it was a godsend. now when I put it on, it does minimal coverage. granted, I look better than before I put it on, but it's not the perfection it was when I bought it three years ago. I'm thinking it may be the wear on the brushes, or my skin just got too accustom to it. I'm looking for a new powder that does the coverage that it did when I first used it. any suggestions?

I just started using a Quo pressed powder that can be used wet or dry. It's not bad, using it with my Faces concealer it provides some pretty good coverage.

Quo is only available at Canadian Shoppers Drug Mart fyi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madibell

Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:24 pm

I actually love bare escentuals. I have sensitive, combination skin and it works great because it's the only makeup that doesn't make my skin feel bad. The new matte foundation they are offering is amazing! For those who are having issues with coverage, I recommend trying the heavenly face brush. it blends and pushes the foundation into the skin flawlessly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i love make up!

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:57 pm

I am a huge fan of everyday minerals- i love it!
they have a big choice of colours (foundation, eyeshadow, blush, concealer) and the foundations come in a choice of 4 finishes (intensive,matte,semi matte,and original glow)
They offer a free sample kit (you only pay shipping ) you choose 3 foundation samples (they are good sizes in little sifter jars-not just little baggies) 1 concealer and 1 blush . you can order as many of thesesample kits as you like (but only one at a time) I get one with every order (and i dont think i will ever need to buy a full size concealer or blush from them-they are good sizes and very pigmented)
and a great bonus-they dont contain bismouth oxide!!!
This is the best quality, lowest price mineral make up i have come across, highly recommended! hope this helps!
www.everydayminerals.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessKLS

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Megan wrote:
The bismuth it contains reacts badly with my skin, causing it to burn and turn red. I've had little luck with the brand.

Yes, I tried one of those natural minerals products and I had an allergic reaction. I'm sorry mother nature, I can't be environmental with my makeup Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
saba2002

Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Some like it some don't   Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:08 pm

I have a bare essentials face powder in medium and tan. I asked if it came matte when I purchased it and they said no. Now they have a matte I already bought one!!! You just have to make sure the skin is not that oily or moisturized or the powder grips uneven. I like the product because it is natural.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melnrye

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:47 pm

It is ok... My Mom gets excellent coverage with it and she loves it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?   

Back to top Go down

Bare Escentuals - what is your opinion?
Page 1 of 1