Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What's a good self tanner/bronzing powder for light skinned beginners?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MyDiorLipsGlow

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: What's a good self tanner/bronzing powder for light skinned beginners?   Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:57 pm

I recently got Lorac's Tantalizing liquid bronzing tanner and I don't know if I put too much on or it was my skin tone but it was really dark and rather orange.

I am a MAC NC20 in Powder or Diorskin Nude foundation in 020 Light Beige , for reference. I'm rather light but not ghost white or maybe I am haha...

Anyhow now I want to try a tanner or some kind or a bronzing powder that isn't more than 30 bucks ...That gives a light to moderate sunkissed tan. One preferably for beginners or any tips on how to apply it better? I used my hands for the Lorac one..

I'd get a real tan, but I just burn , peel , get a shade or so darker and then within no time I'm back to pale again.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i love make up!

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What's a good self tanner/bronzing powder for light skinned beginners?   Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi! I am new here and not sure if i am the first to reply or if i am just being dumb- i cant see any other replies, so please excuse me if someone has already given this answer!
I would definately recommend starting with a gradual tanner (in my opinion the olay and dove moisturisers with gradual tan give a nive colour) it gives a hint of colour and each time you use it you build the tan a bit more-so when you have the depth of colour you want you just stop using it for a bit until you need another top up- i would say these are very hard to go wrong with and a great place to start!
hope this helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyDiorLipsGlow

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Hi   Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:24 pm

i love make up! wrote:
Hi! I am new here and not sure if i am the first to reply or if i am just being dumb- i cant see any other replies, so please excuse me if someone has already given this answer!
I would definately recommend starting with a gradual tanner (in my opinion the olay and dove moisturisers with gradual tan give a nive colour) it gives a hint of colour and each time you use it you build the tan a bit more-so when you have the depth of colour you want you just stop using it for a bit until you need another top up- i would say these are very hard to go wrong with and a great place to start!
hope this helps! Smile

Hi
Aww .... You are the first to respond, so thank you.

Yeah, a gradual tan sounds good. I will try those out.

I am tired of being pasty white , and this sounds less intimidating that others.

Thanks again

MDLG
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What's a good self tanner/bronzing powder for light skinned beginners?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:44 pm

pixiwoo recently did a video about tanning products if your interested here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-j7tXiSslo&feature=channel_page

Personally dont know much about tanning products. I tried a dove moisturizer gradual tanner once and it didnt work out well. Looked alot like jaundice so i am quite weary of those myself... but i guess for 10 bucks its worth a risk and they might have immensely improved the formula of gradual self tanners these days.
You could always try going to a salon. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad suggestion moneywise. I live in australia and over here salon spray tan is not very pricey, it maybe wherever you live. And it maybe worth going to a salon to make sure you like yourself tanned. =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
i love make up!

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: What's a good self tanner/bronzing powder for light skinned beginners?   Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 am

your very welcome! my friend uses dove and its a really nice colour-not orange atall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samrea22

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What's a good self tanner/bronzing powder for light skinned beginners?   Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:28 am

hey try this mac skinfinish sunny or darker shade which is gold bronze
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a good self tanner/bronzing powder for light skinned beginners?   

Back to top Go down

What's a good self tanner/bronzing powder for light skinned beginners?
Page 1 of 1