Go down 
AuthorMessage
Racherz

Racherz

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Pale pale pale Empty
PostSubject: Pale pale pale   Pale pale pale EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:57 am

Hey everyone! I need some help, i cant find a foundation that is my colour, even mac doesnt go like enough for me, i have nc12...and its orangey on my skin, can you recommend any brands that i can find in northern ireland that qould suit my skin and wont kill my purse lol
please and thank you
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megan

Megan

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Pale pale pale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pale pale pale   Pale pale pale EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:18 am

You may want to try adding a white to your MAC foundation. MAC pro stores sell a face and body foundation that is white. You can place a telephone order with them if you do not have a pro store near your area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prettymakeup.net
Matilda

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Pale pale pale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pale pale pale   Pale pale pale EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:27 am

I have always had the problem of nothing being light enough for my skintone. And the girls at the MAC counter (who I love) would just refuse to admit they couldn't sell me anything light enough. Anyway, long story short, I spoke to a NARS MA and she immediately told me not to bother with MAC or NARS, asked me if I'm Irish (I'm half, and take after that half in colouring and looks), and concluded that I was a Blue-Red skintone (common in the Irish apparently). She then sent me off to Prescriptives, who made a custom blend foundation for me. It cost £45 (which is a lot, but it matches and I just don't want to waste anymore on mismatched foundations). I would really recommend it. Most other brands make foundations that are either yellow or pink based, and however light they are they may never match your undertones. Before I discovered prescriptives I did mix goth white foundation (hey, I was 15!) with the lightest from a normal brand, and that worked sortof ok.
I think prescriptives is sold in Ireland, but you may have to double check.
Good luck, and let me know how you get on.
Matilda
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matilda

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Pale pale pale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pale pale pale   Pale pale pale EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:29 am

I looked. There is a counter in Belfast.
And two in Dublin, depending on how far you can travel.
x
P.s. I don't knwo how old or young you are, but to get round the money issue you could ask for it as a present from someone who really loves you, lol! (My best friend paid for it for an early 21st birthday present!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Pale pale pale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pale pale pale   Pale pale pale Empty

Back to top Go down

Pale pale pale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FASHIONFACE :: Beauty Forums :: General Make-up Talk-
Jump to: