FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anti-aging age?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Peachblossom1221

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-12

anti-aging age? Empty
PostSubject: anti-aging age?   anti-aging age? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey guys!

I have a question about how old you should be to start using all those "anti-aging" products. I'm 18, but i really didn't take care of my skin at all when i was younger. I've got a bunch of brown spots and freckles from all those times i tried to get a good tan. and the anti-oxidents and retinols in some of those products are supposed to help prevent and get rid of those, right? so do i have to be "old" to use these? or can i start using certain products now?

thanks so much!!!!!!

Kate
Back to top Go down
Janett
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

anti-aging age? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-aging age?   anti-aging age? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:33 am

You can definitely start now if you would like to. Those products are to prevent, not to fix wrinkles, so they will work most if you start using them early, before you have wrinkles. Once you have, it can only help by preventing more from appearing. I think 18 (being 19 myself) is a bit young, but then again I have oily skin and I probably won't get wrinkles for a really long time. Drier skins get wrinkles much faster.

I would suggest to try not to tan with the sun anymore. It pains me that people still damage their skin when they can have both healthy skin and tan skin by just buying the right tanning products. If you haven't seen the video yet, check out Sam and Nic's best tanning products video on youtube. Smile
Back to top Go down
Peachblossom1221

Registration date : 2009-03-12

anti-aging age? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-aging age?   anti-aging age? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:18 am

thank you! sunscreen is my new best friend. im the palest girl i know, and i am proud of it. and im also just too lazy to reapply the self-tanners all the time. so pale it is! haha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janett
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

anti-aging age? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-aging age?   anti-aging age? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:33 pm

Same here. Because I don't have a proper moisturizing cream or any makeup with SPF in it, I just use the regular beach SPF cream on, at least, my face every day. Besides, using fake tanning gives you the option to be pale or tan. Once you go tan, you can't go back... not for a couple of months, anyway.
Back to top Go down
killingspree

killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

anti-aging age? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-aging age?   anti-aging age? EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:36 pm

well im 17 and i got a retin-a prescription when i was 16 for mild acne and have noticed a huge improvment in my skin.
apart from the acne going away completly after a few months, i have noticed the following.

- my skin is brighter looking and a few of my random freckles from the sun have faded away.
- my skin is also whiter looking which is a good thing for me, because i used to try desperatly to tan but i always ended up an ugly horrible yellow-green tone so im glad i have my old skin colour back. I was always pale as snow.
-pores are small (practically non-existant) around my cheek-nose area.
-wrinkles are softened although really didnt have many to begin with so... just eye squinty ones because i dont wear my glasses like i should.
-no blackheads

the negatives are
- takes ages for pimples to go away when i get them espically if i pick
- usually the pimples are the under the skin type which surface
(although i get them once a month during period time)
-skin is sensitive, red, peeling and dry for first few months
-need to wear sunscreen alot.
-need to wait an hour at least after washing your face.
-need a good moisturizer (i use argan oil or jojoba oil)

i think retin-a has something to do with improving photodamaged skin but i dont really know.
here is a huge discussion about it:
http://beauty.about.com/b/2007/12/17/why-i-love-retin-a-will-never-ever-stop-using-it.htm

=)
Back to top Go down
http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
sampaguita

Registration date : 2010-03-30

anti-aging age? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-aging age?   anti-aging age? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:46 am

I guess, age is not the basis in using anti-aging cream. You can start using anti aging creams once you start seeing lines and age spots in your faces. The earlier the better. And, Another tip is that sunblocks are really good in delaying age spots and lines in our face. Very Happy

Jelly Belly coupons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anti-aging age? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anti-aging age?   anti-aging age? Empty

Back to top Go down

anti-aging age?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FASHIONFACE :: Beauty Forums :: Skincare-
Jump to: