Share | 

Best Curling Mascara

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ais

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Best Curling Mascara   Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:27 pm

I have the dior show mascara but its hit and miss whether my eyelashes with stay curled. Even a heated eyelash curler wont work. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to curl them?
Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Best Curling Mascara   Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:01 pm

You should get some metal ones and heat the strip up with a hairdryer.
They should stay curled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fashionface.forumotion.com
amandalovesmac

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Best Curling Mascara   Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Yeah that is what I do with my dryer as well-works amazingly Smile I do this every day because my lashes will not curl otherwise no matter what mascara I use the will just be weighed down Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://themakeupfix.blogspot.com/
amestle

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Best Curling Mascara   Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:28 pm

What I find best that worked for me is a waterproof mascara. When i use the non-waterproof dior show, my curls falls flat within the hour. However, when I use the water proof version, my curl holds for the whole day. Maybe it might work for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mu7asaba

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Best Curling Mascara   Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:30 pm

hi ais Very Happy

you should try LANCOME VIRTUOSE BLACK CARAT mascara it changes the whole look of your lashes totally curled!

goodluck Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daisyb

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Best Curling Mascara   Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:37 am

Clinique high impact curling mascara is quite good although doesn't give you much volume- if you use it with another mascara it's great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cupcakeswithcherries.blogspot.com/
ais

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Advice   Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Thanks for the advice, ill definately try the hairdryer and metal curlers idea! x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Best Curling Mascara   Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:55 pm

For those on a budget (and for the sheer hell of it)...

A teaspoon (heated will work better).

Works on the same principle as an eyelash curler, except it's more hands on, so you are able to curl specific points a little easier (in my opinion).

You take the spoon so that the concave side is facing outwards, and you put the spoon edge along your lash line. Then you simply bend the lashes around the rim of the spoon with the flat of your thumb. The thinner the metal of the spoon, the more bent the eyelash becomes.

It has certainly worked very well for me in the past, especially if I find myself without a curler. (Though with the hygiene element I'm certain it's a makeup artist no-no!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justinethequeen

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Best Curling Mascara   Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:51 pm

DollyV wrote:
For those on a budget (and for the sheer hell of it)...

A teaspoon (heated will work better).

Works on the same principle as an eyelash curler, except it's more hands on, so you are able to curl specific points a little easier (in my opinion).

You take the spoon so that the concave side is facing outwards, and you put the spoon edge along your lash line. Then you simply bend the lashes around the rim of the spoon with the flat of your thumb. The thinner the metal of the spoon, the more bent the eyelash becomes.

It has certainly worked very well for me in the past, especially if I find myself without a curler. (Though with the hygiene element I'm certain it's a makeup artist no-no!)

wow, I've never heard this before! very interesting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lorrilin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Shiseido Lasting Lift   Mon May 11, 2009 10:26 pm

Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara holds a curl like nobody's business. I had heard from many Asian women that it is phenomenal at holding our stick-straight lashes up, so I tried it and it's true. It's kind of like hairspray for your eyelashes.

Because it doesn't really add volume, many people do the Lasting Lift first and follow it up with a volumizing mascara. So you might do this with your Diorshow.

One thing I'll add is that tube does not remove enough product from the very thin wand, so you have to scrape it off, which is really annoying and dries out the product faster. However, it has not stopped me from continuing to use or buy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Best Curling Mascara   Tue May 12, 2009 7:00 am

A few more tips on eyelashes and mascara I have discovered recently.

SEXY CURVES. I needed a new one and bought it after watching the Rimmel London tutorial, and genuinely it is amazing. I have really long eyelashes anyway, but it makes them look super glamourous. Really highly recommend that one, though I found I had to be pretty careful with it in order to not make a mess.

I read this somewhere and tried it a few times. It think it would probably work better for people with sparse eyelashes. Basically after curling your lashes, apply a very small amount of loose powder onto your lashes. Apparently it stops them from sticking together, but I imagine it also gives the mascara something else to stick to. Working along the same principal as eyelash primer I guess, but it's an interesting little tip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Curling Mascara   

Back to top Go down

Best Curling Mascara
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FASHIONFACE :: Beauty Forums :: General Make-up Talk-
Jump to: