The Official Tutorial Request thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sun May 10, 2009 2:13 am

That is very interesting we call it restoration make-up, I think... If we are talking about the same thing!

Is that when they stuck lace on the face or draw hearts and other shapes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fashionface.forumotion.com
lesbelleschoses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sun May 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Yes I think we are talking about the same thing :-)))

I have never heard of hearts or other shapes drawn on the faces but it was maybe slightly different on both sides of the sea ;-) But these fake beauty spots that are called "mouches" here are really part of the fascination this kind of make-up still makes in our minds....Like my grandmother, for instance, used to darken some real beauty spots....And I've always been fascinated by girls/women who had one or two significant beauty spots (Marylin Monroe, Cindy Crawford).

But simply drawing one with a pencil isn't enough to give the impression of a real one :-)

(In France in the 17th century it was just horrible, they used to make fake beauty spots but also to remove their eyebrows and much hair that was close to their face, in order to enlarge their forehead)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sun May 10, 2009 1:58 pm

PS If you want I can also translate the picture for you, I have found it by chance and found it very interesting)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sun May 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Found this on a website about Johnson and Johnson, might be helpful.

'Beauty Spots were small pieces of material – usually black silk or sometimes velvet – with adhesive on the back. They were most commonly shaped like small stars, crescents, arrows, hearts or circles. Beauty Spots were used by women to attract attention to the complexion or an outstanding facial feature, such as the eyes, mouth, or a dimple. They would stick the product on their faces near whatever facial feature they wanted to accentuate. Occasionally, according to sources, women would use a number of them at once, which gave them the unfortunate appearance of having broken out in oddly shaped spots.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sun May 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Wow that's very interesting Astrid! Did they talk about a time period when they used them? Because Johnson&Johnson did not exist in the XVIIth century (as far as I know Laughing ) so it might mean that there has been a trend for this in the XXth century...

I have never heard of this kind of shapes here! People at that time seems to have used muslin, and sometimes, velvet.

My former question was more about how to create a beauty spot that would look natural, but this is very interesting too....So maybe two suggestions in one for tutorials?:-))))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Mon May 11, 2009 6:55 am

It said further on about 1915.

I always thought that the popularity of the 'beauty spot' in the 17th Century was also increased as it had the advantage of hiding scars from the small pox.
History of the beauty spot sounds really interesting.

Axxx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Mon May 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Yes the beauty spot was very prevalent in the Georgian era (powdered wigs etc), the one of heavy lead powder to pale out the face, small heart shaped lips, bright red cheeks very high eyebrows and large beauty spots. Often the men would wear them as well. The heart is very popular.

The modern equivalent is surface piercing. The Madonna and the Monroe facial piercings are the most popular, and give a similar but modern effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Domrocks

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Wed May 13, 2009 11:45 am

Please please please please can you do a look based on Carrie Bradshaw's day look in Sex and the City. I kind of think the eyeshadow looks a bit like what Sam was wearing at the beginning of the air brush tutorial, but am not sure (it's kind of a 'goldy colour' tee hee). I just think she has a v fresh and pretty look!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marilyn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Wed May 20, 2009 12:14 pm

LADY GAGA PLEEEAAAAAASSSSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/13621219/Lady+GaGa+Gaga.png
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Wed May 20, 2009 3:33 pm

That looks awesome! Though without the black zigzag, it looks just like Sam's Faming Fuchsia tutorial..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyDiorLipsGlow

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Request: Jennifer Love Hewitt As Melinda Gordon (Ghost Whisperer)   Sun May 24, 2009 12:04 am

I am really digging the beautiful eye makeup/look that they give Jennifer on the show for the past couple seasons now, and was wondering how to achieve it.

This is the look I am trying to get:

I heard Make Up For Ever brand Star Powder in Bronze Brown is the color they use, but if that is, I wouldn't really know how to apply it all to put it together as they have it, so if you have some time to make a tutorial on this that would be brilliant!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyDiorLipsGlow

PostSubject: I''ve been searching forever for the right gloss for this Rose Mcgowan look.   Sun May 24, 2009 12:06 am

I would love the whole look really.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyDiorLipsGlow

PostSubject: Been looking for this lip color and how to get that porcelain look as well... Thanks.   Sun May 24, 2009 12:09 am

Kat Dennings :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flora

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sun May 24, 2009 2:46 pm

I loved the make-up at LV SS09, I would really appreciate a tutorial video for this !

Pics : (they are big so I linked them..)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dbqmbm.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2zoy8a1.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/33xki15.jpg

I've forgot what these comes from :/ sorry. But the make-up is so nice

http://i43.tinypic.com/2h3r6nb.png

http://i41.tinypic.com/2rcn295.jpg

Last edited by Flora on Mon May 25, 2009 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sun May 24, 2009 4:41 pm

Those looks are gorgeous! Also, thank you for being considerate and linking the large images Aww
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sun May 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Jeeeesus those looks are amazing. So simple so effective. I love love love the very highly raised eyebrow of the two wearing yellow. It's very Angelina Jolie.

Wouldn't mind knowing how to do brows like that. I'm currently without any and need all the help i can get!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melissa89

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:13 am

DollyV wrote:
Siouxsie Sioux!

Oooh, I completely agree with the siouxie sioux request, Love

I'd also absolutely love for you to do an 80's and/or Madonna inspired look, just because she had the most amazing shaped almond eyes (which are a bit like mine, but madonna's being a stronger shape), and I just really like 80's inspired makeup at the moment, strong eyebrows etc.

Thank You!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
divabeast

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Shania Twain in "I Feel Like a Woman"   Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Since Nic already did a tutorial on Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" video, I was wondering if pixiwoo could make another tutorial on another music video that followed in Addicted's footsteps:

Looks like the video won't play on here but if you click the title it'll take you right to it.

http://www.p30warez.com/uploads/posts/2007-11/1195732985_1195225107_s_1.jpg

I think it's a very interesting design and I'm mostly interested in seeing how one creates a crease like that in the outward flick.

I also know that Samantha's done a few tutorials of hairstyles from the 60's, but she's never done a full-on beehive, so, if she wanted to, she could also do a hair tutorial for this look as well.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses

PostSubject: Beauty spots   Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:05 am

Sam and Nic, thank you soooo much that you have included a beauty spot part in one of your tutorials each. I really really appreciate that, and LOVE it!

Nicola, in your tutorial you used a pencil but said you usually use another one and I couldn't really hear the name of it, has anyone been able to hear it? I have had a look on MAC's website to see if any of the pencils' names reminded me of what I heard but I couldn't ( my English seems to be too poor, grrrr).

Also really love all of your looks with heated rollers and false eyelashes. It is very interesting, I have the feeling that both of them really belong to the Anglo-Saxon culture. Here in France, our grandmothers have always used heating rollers (but no fake eyelashes), but our mothers' generation has completeley lost this habit, so we don't find good stuff very easily and we are a bit lost when we try to use them!!! I've asked my hairdresser to teach me that, but he didn't see the point :-) The Germans use them alot as well, and I had to import them from Germany.

I think fake eyelashes and heating rollers are a huge part of glamour, I LOVE them (but find them very hard to use, since we here have to learn from the very beginning). I wish I were English ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
super85unknown

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi there, I found your website through the really helpful tutorials on youtube. Your fantastic teachers in make up, and its great to build on knowledge I already know about applying my own. I, like everyone else lol have a request and I'd love to be able to acheive the look Katy Perry is sporting in these photos:

I will be patient I expect you get a million and one requests for different make up looks hehe
Thanks for reading !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pooks

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Purple bridal look   Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Hello girls!

Thanks for the brill work you did on the bridal looks.

I was wondering if you could recreate Kate Hudson's wedding makeup in BrideWars' movie. If you can't, could you at least let me know what colours she might be wearing?

Tried to find some good quality pictures, and these ones are the best I could find:
http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss50/Superpooks/makeup/

Cheers! xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyDiorLipsGlow

PostSubject: False Lashes for women with already long, full, lashes that curl well...   Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:11 pm

I have naturally really long full lashes, that curl well without a curler.
I haven't tried falsies before, but have always wanted to. I was wondering which kind/style would be best (because I don't want to end up look like a drag queen or my lashes to enter a room before I do)? Or are falsies generally not right for someone with lashes like mine?

I've been using diorshow Iconic mascara in chestnut , which makes my lashes look almost like falsies already, but I've still always wanted to give them a go for fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amcm2

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Racquel Welch look   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:51 am

Hi Sam & Nic
I was wondering if you would consider recreating this look where Kevyn Aucoin transformed Hilary Swank into Racquel Welch? It is so stunning and I'm sure you would do a brilliant job of achieveing this chiselled gorgeous look! Lots of contouring and lashes! Flirty

Hilary Swank as Racquel Welch

Thanks...Anna

Posted the link as I can't see how to embed an image - it is probably staring me in the face! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maschatv

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Pretty pretty please: Sarah Michelle Gellar

Apologies, I couldn't find better quality pictures of the look I have in mind...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flyamoon

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Megan Fox vintage inspired uniform waves/curls on Letterman   Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:51 pm

I would like to make a request of this hairstyle:

I'm not sure what kinds of techniques/tools would be needed to achieve this hairstyle. Would it be hot rollers, curling iron, or finger waves or a combination of the above?

Sincerely,
Elle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   

Back to top Go down

The Official Tutorial Request thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next