Skin problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JoJo.25

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Skin problem   Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering if you could give me some advice on what would benefit my very dry skin i.e what foundation would be the best to use? I also suffer from redness on my cheeks and can't seem to find anything that covers it up completely ? Whatever I use tends to make my skin look even worse.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks
Jo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marilyn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:45 am

I'm not sure about what foundation you should try for your skin but my friend has the same problem of redness on her cheeks and she likes to use Boots' 17 Tone Corrector Cream.

Here's a link

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=19379&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051

Hope this helps! w00t!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:31 am

Here are 2 to try from different ends of the price spectrum.

Rimmel Renew and Lift and Chanel Prolumiere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fashionface.forumotion.com
lesbelleschoses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Tue May 12, 2009 9:02 pm

You can use Dermablend, it can hide just anything, but Laroche Posay also makes an excellent one (I don't remember whether it is Unifiance or Couvrance, I would say Couvrance) and it's very cheap (about 14€). The results are amazing (I have discovered it through a friend who had a beauty spot scar on a shoulder, and it disappeared completely with it, and you would never have guessed there was foundation -her mother is a dermatologist, it helps!) and very natural (but the finish is matte, not too matte, but really not satin).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnMagnifique

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Wed May 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Chanel Prolumiere is a great foundation that gives a great semi-matte finish. It gives just enough moisture. The coverage is amazing as well, looks like a porcelain doll face after application.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lesbelleschoses

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Fri May 15, 2009 9:14 am

PS For your dry skin, I would recommend Estée Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum. I know it is very expensive, and you cannot see the results very quick, but it really made wonders on my eyes' area...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Fri May 15, 2009 11:22 am

Ive got super dry, sensitive and slight t-zone acne skin.
For skincare i highly recommend switching to a sulfate free cleanser and exfoliating the dead flakey skin regurarly. Once or twice a week.

Personally i love:
jojoba oil for moisturizing.
REN: Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel Mask for exfoliating.

I tried chanel pro-lumiere and for my dry skin it flaked. Most foundations do no matter how much i prep the skin. Give it ago, everyone different. It wasnt a bad foundation when i tried it my skin was soooo bad. I wasnt surprised.

Try armani luminous silk if it doesnt work out that was ok on me aside from being masky.

goodluck =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
lesbelleschoses

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Fri May 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Quote :
jojoba oil for moisturizing.

Hmmmm.....moisturizing and nourishing are two different things, moisturizing=hydrating=giving water to your skin, whereas nourishing=giving fat to your skin....so you won't moisturize your skin with oil, oil can only nourish it. If it is what your skin needs, then ok, but if you have a de-hydrated skin, you should use a moisturizing cream....

Maybe you already know this, but a friend of mine was desperately using nourishinc creams and oils to moisturize her skin while her skin needed hydratation, so her life changed completely when I told her that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killingspree

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Fri May 15, 2009 8:34 pm

I have heard of it. The MA's at the various counters said that i was too young to have dehydrated skin. They seemed really sure. I'm 17.

My problem is every moisturizer I've ever tried, for sensitive dry skin or otherwise, cheap, high-end, or natural feels like its burning. I'm suspecting i have allergy to one of the common ingrediants actually.

Usually at a counter they will exfoliate my skin, which doesnt hurt (?).
Then some tone, some don't.
Usually dont because that usually stings too. It feels really drying. Despite alot of them being alcohol free.
Then they will moisturize and it will burn. And my face goes really really red.

Maybe its blood rushing back into my face, i do have a rather fair and sallow complexion =P lol.

I love the oil made my skin sooo much less dry. Its now slightly dry but normal. No peeling.
Back to top Go down
lesbelleschoses

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Sat May 16, 2009 5:09 am

Wow it sounds incredible, but it can really be that you have an allergy. Maybe you can talk about it to your doctor and/or to your dermatologist, they could write a prescription for you to to allergy tests: once you've done them, you know what you are allergic to, and find the products that do not contain the product you are allergic to.

I say it even more seriously that allergies can become worse and worse, and at some point, create a Quincke reaction, which is very dangerous. So do not try new products anymore until you know....but make sure you know.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killingspree

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Wed May 20, 2009 4:36 am

I have asked the docs for help, but normally they say steer clear of those creams, even if they say hypoallergnic.

SOO, very helpful. (maybe you could give me a prescription.... NOPE)

I try to steer clear of all moisturizering creams ... (I actually decided to try them again this morning on different parts of my face, hoping, to no avail. They still stung. =( )

So i have resolved to drink enough water and apply oil liberally where needed.
Back to top Go down
Meli

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Oooh... I have used the Glycolic 5% and 10% treatment by the skincare line called Epicuren. Those types of peels are great for acne scars and slight discoloration. It works well, but I am always looking for something more effective/better.

What Glycolic peels have used? Anyone you recommend? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skin problem   

Back to top Go down

Skin problem
Page 1 of 1