Eyebrow shape - need help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elvira

Elvira

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Eyebrow shape - need help Empty
PostSubject: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:00 pm

My eyebrows are very thin and fair. I dye them but the effect lasts for about a week, so I also use pencil to make them brighter. But the problem is that I can never get symmetrical shape, though I've been doing it for many years. When I look in the mirrior the may look good, but for example on the pitures I see that they are different.
For example, picture in this post

Is there any way to make it better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vkontakte.ru/id23581013
laurilee

laurilee

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:39 am

You could try going over your eyebrows with concealer first then pencilling in and removing the concealer afterwards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DollyV

DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:55 am

I have the same problem but to be honest I don't think it's noticeable. If you are a bit...'arrrgh!!' about eyebrows though I suggest you make sure your lighting is right. I often find that it looks like one of my eyebrows is lighter than the other, until I have a light behind me and then they both look the same.

From what i've seen of your pictures so far, you don't have a problem Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killingspree

killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptyTue May 12, 2009 5:03 pm

our faces arent 100% symmetrical, maybe thats why it looks like they are different shapes - the angle.

Or it could be the eyebrow shape.
You could wait and grow them out and see if the eyebrows are similar enough to shape them the same. So use a pencil a different colour from your brows so you dont get confused like red or white or black depending on the colour of the hair.
go over where you need to pluck or create a shape template of where you would pluck. And look at it for a while.

Then slowly pluck. And after each hair stand back and decide which hair is next.
Make sure that you have brushed your eyebrows into place as well so you dont pluck the wrong shape and when you go out brush them as well, and use a gel or wax to keep them in shape preferably a clear one unless you find a good colored one.

Sometimes it doesn't look natural if they are 100% the same shape either and your face can look un-balanced.

The rate at which hair falls out and regrows can be fast. I dye my eyebrows too. It takes about a week and half to two weeks and i have to dye them again because the hair falls out naturally and regrows.

Colour can also fade quickly depending on what you use to dye your brows. I use permenent hair dye but still... Hair on your eyebrows and hair on your head is different. Annoying.

I guess something to fill in any gaps and make the colour even would be like a pencil or powder.

=)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
lesbelleschoses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:44 pm

You can also use eyebrow stencils, the good ones are quite expensive but they can last very long. You use a pencil to fill in the eyebrows (I use a blue one), and then you can use a tweezer to remove the hair in excess. Both of them will then have the same shape.

You can also use the stencils to fill the eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil....

Many brands do that, like Anastasia, Eyebrowz.com, etc. Once you've found YOUR shape, then it's very easy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elvira

Elvira

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:56 am

so many advice! interesting. thank you, guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vkontakte.ru/id23581013
DollyV

DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptyWed May 27, 2009 5:08 pm

Ok so recently I got so obsessed with my eyebrows being asymmetrical i shaved them off, which I know isn't necessarily a good idea however I think in the long run it's going to be a very good way for me to start again on a more symmetrical level.

So what to do in the mean time? Well i'm currently drawing them on every day which gives me an opportunity to get very OCD about them in order to attain perfection!

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere before, however...to get the positioning one must plot 3 main points onto the brow bone, that being a measurement from the outside corner of the nose and near corner of the eye for the start, the outside edge of the cornea for the arch peak, and the outside edge of the nose and the outside corner of the eye for where the brow should end. This is so adapatable though. Anyway I mark the positioning of these plotted points on a ruler, so that when it comes to doing the other side, the points should be in roughly the same poisition.

So Perhaps you should try this with what you have now. Work out the positions of one of your eyebrows using a ruler and the three main plots, then transfer them over to the other eye, and you will see just how symmetrical your brows are. Of course i'd never condone then shaving them off, however it may give you something to work with in regards to plucking, filling or colouring them.

Hope that helps, i'm a frantic mess when it comes to them i'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
webdivauk

webdivauk

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:11 pm

Elvira,

Your picture in the post looks like a lighting issue rather than your eyebrows not being symmetrical or the same colour - to me they look good.

I get mine done every so often at a beauticians (Benefits Brows are my fav) and then following the outline to keep the brow tidy. I also trim my eyebrows by brushing them upwards and carefully triming that certainly helps.

Sian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wicked

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:12 pm

I agree with WebDivauk.It looks like a lighting issue from the way your heads tilted toward the light/flash in this photo which is probably whats making that brow look a bit lighter.And as you said they look good in the mirror its in the camera wear its looking off.When doing your brows next time go outside in the daylight with a handheld mirror.If it looks even in that light then its even.Cameras can be a bit tricky sometimes lol Also like the saying goes eyebrows are sisters not twins.There never going to look 100% identical in shape.I really personally dont like or recommend stencils.I think the best thing is to go to a professional and have them shape your brows for you.Learn the three points of your brows.And then its as simple as maintence.Just tweezing the new hairs as they grow in. And either a pecnil or brow powder to fill in any areas where the hairs sparse.Experiment with both powder and pencil to see which works best for you.If you buy kit it will most likely come with direction on how to apply.Or youtube has hundreds.My best advice is to never try to make your brows look like somebody elses brows.Just because a person had gorgeous brows it doesnt mean that the shape would work with your eyes or face.Keep your natural shape,just clean it up and fill in any sparse areas.Best of luck! Smile

Last edited by Wicked on Sun May 31, 2009 5:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PerPetualRose

PerPetualRose

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:21 am

I read somewhere that your eyebrows are supposed to be cousins not twins Very Happy I think that is apt here.

Most of us are asymmetrical. My brows grow in very differently, they are also very fair--often invisible in natural light. I just try to tweeze them to add *some* symmetry but I don't even try to make them exactly alike, it just isn't possible and even if I could I think it would end up looking odd on my face, since my eyes are also a little bit different.

One thing that I do find helpful is to avoid pencils, they always end up looking too harsh on me and make me feel like they exaggerate the differences. I stick with using powder brow products or eye shadow, and I get a lot of compliments on my brows now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wicked

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help EmptySun May 31, 2009 5:47 am

For me its very much the opposite.I find eyebrow powders much harsher and false looking.For me personally using an eyebrow pencil looks natural. I think this just proves that it really just comes down to what each individual feels works best for them. Something can be a holy grail product for some and complete crap for another lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eyebrow shape - need help   Eyebrow shape - need help Empty

Back to top Go down

Eyebrow shape - need help
Page 1 of 1