FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LOTD - Kat Von D inspired

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Astrid

Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

LOTD - Kat Von D inspired Empty
PostSubject: LOTD - Kat Von D inspired   LOTD - Kat Von D inspired EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:11 am

After buying some of her make up range in the states (which I am loving by the way) I think I would try a look inspired by her.

LOTD - Kat Von D inspired KatVonD
LOTD - Kat Von D inspired KatVonD2

Ax
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: LOTD - Kat Von D inspired   LOTD - Kat Von D inspired EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:19 am

That's a really nice look. What is the Kat Von D stuff's application and pigmentation like? Also what is the neutral tone on your eye? Maybe it's the black contrast too, but it really accentuates your natural eye shape.

Clap
Back to top Go down
Astrid

Astrid

PostSubject: Re: LOTD - Kat Von D inspired   LOTD - Kat Von D inspired EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:39 am

The application and pigment are great IMO. Am already making plans for getting my American friend to post over more once I run out. The only thing I would say, and it's not really a compliant, but Kat's look can be very matte on her eyes and only a couple of the shadows are matte. But that aside, from just trying to copy her look, I love the colours, really easy to blend.

The lipstick I got is RED RED RED and I'm loving that. Lasts a fair while as well.

The lipgloss I got I'm not so impressed with. I adore the colour, a shimmery orange, but it doesn't seem to want to go on evenly and after a small bit of time I end up with a lovely orange outline around my lips and no colour in the middle. Which is an attractive look as you can imagine! Very Happy

The neutral colour is a mix of Downtown from her Ludwig palette and a matte light brown from the Sleek palette Storm (I wanted to tone down the shimmer from 'Downtown').

Ax
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: LOTD - Kat Von D inspired   LOTD - Kat Von D inspired EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:35 am

Oh i have a real problem with shimmers. I don't particular like the sparkly shimmery thing, but so often the products just are, especially blacks. Very annoying. Yeah isn't Kat's makeup very smokey and dark too?

I'm glad they got the lipstick right anyway, it's such a key point of her look. I will definitely be looking into this!

Is the packaging superb? I imagine it would be Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Astrid

Astrid

PostSubject: Re: LOTD - Kat Von D inspired   LOTD - Kat Von D inspired EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:41 am

The packaging is lovely! Adore it.

Have a look at the eye shadow palettes. I just looked online and there are another 2 limited addition palattes out that looked wicked! I NEED to get them. Pop in and give them a try for sure. They aren't overy shimmery, it's just I was trying to get a matte matte look. Well worth a look see.
I just hope they come over here soon.
Ax
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOTD - Kat Von D inspired   LOTD - Kat Von D inspired Empty

Back to top Go down

LOTD - Kat Von D inspired
Page 1 of 1