Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

this has probably been asked a million times but....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vintagewitch

Vintagewitch

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-11

this has probably been asked a million times but.... Empty
PostSubject: this has probably been asked a million times but....   this has probably been asked a million times but.... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:22 pm

what is better for pictures matte or shimmer?
Back to top Go down
charlie_178

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: this has probably been asked a million times but....   this has probably been asked a million times but.... EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 11:54 am

I'd like to know the answer to this too! And also, what is the best foundation brand to use for photographic makeup?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
MakeupMockery

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: this has probably been asked a million times but....   this has probably been asked a million times but.... EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 am

While I don't know which specific brand is best, I've heard a million times that matte foundation is definitely preferred for photographs. From what I've heard, and what I've experienced, anything too shimmery or 'illuminating' tends to look very strange in photographs. I especially don't like the look of an illuminating under-eye concealer in photos, because it tends to make that part of a person's face look much paler than the rest (almost like they tanned with oddly shaped sunglasses on). I'd recommend using a matte foundation and then a highlighter in key areas if you really want that soft, dewy glow in photographs.
Back to top Go down
Megan

Megan

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: this has probably been asked a million times but....   this has probably been asked a million times but.... EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:04 pm

For foundation, blush, bronzer, and contour I would recommend matte, and without sunscreens. Shimmer foundation reflects a lot of light, making skin look a good 2 shades lighter than it actually is. Sunscreens in foundation and the likes shows up as white in photographs. Stick with shimmer on the browbone, the very tops of cheeckbones, and the little cupid's bow of the lips if at all - where you would normally apply a highlight.

In makeup applications to be photographed (bridal, publications, etc.) I even go so far as to highlight matte, simply using a cream or powder on the top of the cheekbone that reads a few shades lighter than the foundation. I like my shimmer in photos to be concentrated on the brow and/or on the lips.

If in doubt, apply the product to yourself, and then photograph yourself with a bright flash. You'll know then if you can use the product for photographed applications.
Back to top Go down
http://prettymakeup.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this has probably been asked a million times but....   this has probably been asked a million times but.... Empty

Back to top Go down

this has probably been asked a million times but....
Page 1 of 1