FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OH WOW Gel Liner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DollyV

DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 5:01 pm

I have fallen in love. Today I bought a (cheap) gel liner because I have been very intrigued since everyone seems to use it on here and wanted to play with it.

OH WOW.

I am in love. For one thing, I can use my own brush without the mess and fuss, It glides on (no matter what the quality I imagine) because of the formula, and is SO easy to work with.

It DOESN'T FLAKE.

Mine is a cheap brand so it has started to fade after a few hours, but I didn't set it with black shadow as I normally would.

It is much easier to apply the ticks and flicks, there are no splodges, and if i'm feeling a bit shaky it doesn't matter. It is easy to wipe off if i make a mistake and I find doing under the lower lashes much easier and more even because liquid liner always looks a bit wobbly for me.

I highly recommend giving it a go! I found a completely inexpensive one for like £4 if you don't particularly want to pay £$£$£$£$ for Bobbi or MAC.
Back to top Go down
WeAreGlitter

WeAreGlitter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-17

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 am

I think the texture of a gel liner is so much nicer than liquid liner, and like you said way easier to with w00t!
Back to top Go down
Marilyn

Marilyn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-23

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 12:40 pm

DollyV wrote:
I have fallen in love. Today I bought a (cheap) gel liner because I have been very intrigued since everyone seems to use it on here and wanted to play with it.

OH WOW.

I am in love. For one thing, I can use my own brush without the mess and fuss, It glides on (no matter what the quality I imagine) because of the formula, and is SO easy to work with.

It DOESN'T FLAKE.

Mine is a cheap brand so it has started to fade after a few hours, but I didn't set it with black shadow as I normally would.

It is much easier to apply the ticks and flicks, there are no splodges, and if i'm feeling a bit shaky it doesn't matter. It is easy to wipe off if i make a mistake and I find doing under the lower lashes much easier and more even because liquid liner always looks a bit wobbly for me.

I highly recommend giving it a go! I found a completely inexpensive one for like £4 if you don't particularly want to pay £$£$£$£$ for Bobbi or MAC.

Sounds amazing! Where did u get this from?
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 pm

It's literally just a cheap version of all gel liners. Actually I don't know if other high street bands have jumped on the gel liner wagon yet. This however was some discount brand called W7Trends.

I have a cheap makeup outlet near me and this brand is alright actually, I mean for practice or if you have NO budget. Some of the mono shadows which are actually quite good with the right base and application are £2,and i got a really smooth 'gel pencil' for £1.

Beggars can't be choosers, eh?

Anyway i'd recommend giving it a go. If anything it gives you an idea on whether you would enjoy it as much as liquid or indeed pencil. Liquid liner just stresses me out so much.

Oh although i recently learnt that if i lean all my weight forward, so that i am in effectleaning on my front and then apply, there are no shaky hands to deal with AT ALL. Resting an elbow on the table or leaning my little finger against my cheek are good tips, however not quite heavy duty enough Razz
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Just thought i'd add that doing a search for the acclaimed Bobbi Brown Gel Liner lead to bids of up to £25 for ONE very tiny pot of product, that's without adding postage and packing. In fact the P&P cost the same as my cheapo version..
Back to top Go down
Carolyn

Carolyn

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-12

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:28 am

I've got a bobbi brown gel liner and mac blacktrax and ive got to say out of the 2 I prefer the mac, it's so much easier to go on in comparison

x
Back to top Go down
WeAreGlitter

WeAreGlitter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-17

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:49 am

Sleek do good budget gel liner pots-you can get them in superdrug for about £4ish. I got a purple one and its a really amazing aubergine colour
Back to top Go down
Marilyn

Marilyn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-23

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:11 am

Oooh, am sure they sell w7 in Superdrug Very Happy I'll check it out, thanks for the info x
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Hey I used this at the weekend, and though I still love it (and it's price of course) it doesn't have the same lasting power as the liquid liner I also have. It is prone to smudging especially when moistened by sweat on the eyelid.

What I did was use the gel liner (and it's ease with gliding on etc) as a template, then after waiting for it to dry for a bit applied a layer of liquid on top. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to put on liquid when there's already a shape on the eye.

All the same give it a go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OH WOW Gel Liner Empty
PostSubject: Re: OH WOW Gel Liner   OH WOW Gel Liner Empty

Back to top Go down

OH WOW Gel Liner
Page 1 of 1