FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN

Go down 
+2
killingspree
Marilyn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Marilyn

Marilyn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-23

FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN Empty
PostSubject: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 am

I think we may have spoke about this before, but I can't find it, Sorry Embarassed

I need help with my foundation. I have oily skin, I hate it, it always feels awful by the end of the day. I recently started using Estee Lauder double wear light foundation, that worked perfect at first, but now it doesn't seem to work at all Crying or Very sad

I need some help, please! I just need a foundation that isn't too heavy and that will combat oil and shinyness!

Thanks in advance xx
Back to top Go down
killingspree

killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:51 am

ive heard alot of people saying good things about illamasqua's matt primer maybe that would help the oilies.

otherwise... have you tried a cheap alternative foundation like revlon colourstay ive heard its good for oily skin... i have dry to normal skin myself, but ive had some oily days and it didnt budge.
IDK if you would call this foundation heavy, personally i found double wear heavy and can tolerate this foundation well. I think its subjective and depends on application. Because i use a beauty blender sponge, so its always a thin layer.

You could also try layering your foundation, like applying a layer, then using a wet sponge, spreading and thinning it out where needed.
Back to top Go down
http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
Marilyn

Marilyn

PostSubject: Re: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:31 am

Thanks for the advice!!

I have been told by someone at the Clinique counter that it could be my skin care, not my foundation...

any thoughts? xx
Back to top Go down
Megan

Megan

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:15 pm

What is your skincare like? If you strip your skin of all oils every time you cleanse, it will try to compensate for the loss, I know that much. Otherwise, I got nothin. Have you tried using a primer like the Boots No. 7 mattifying foundation primer before applying your foundation? It's been working pretty well for me.
Back to top Go down
http://prettymakeup.net
Marilyn

Marilyn

PostSubject: Re: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:34 am

Megan wrote:
What is your skincare like? If you strip your skin of all oils every time you cleanse, it will try to compensate for the loss, I know that much. Otherwise, I got nothin. Have you tried using a primer like the Boots No. 7 mattifying foundation primer before applying your foundation? It's been working pretty well for me.

I am using a cleanser and exfoliater from lush for oly combination skin... it doesnt feel too harsh so i don't think am stripping any oils away...

I have never used a primer before and think it might be my only option! Thanks for your advice, i shall have a look out for the no.7 one xx
Back to top Go down
Megan

Megan

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:51 am

I just got an interesting tip from an oily skinned friend. She recommends that you swipe milk of magnesia with a cotton ball or pad over your face after cleansing, let it soak in for a minute or two and then rinse. She claims that it has helped her in controlling her oily skin. It may work for you. And heck, milk of magnesia is only $3-4 a bottle, so what have you got to lose?
Back to top Go down
http://prettymakeup.net
Marilyn

Marilyn

PostSubject: Re: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Megan wrote:
I just got an interesting tip from an oily skinned friend. She recommends that you swipe milk of magnesia with a cotton ball or pad over your face after cleansing, let it soak in for a minute or two and then rinse. She claims that it has helped her in controlling her oily skin. It may work for you. And heck, milk of magnesia is only $3-4 a bottle, so what have you got to lose?

Thank you! I will have a try Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lesbelleschoses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Many brands   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:08 am

sell mattifying bases or serums; Estee Lauder has a very good one, it's not cheap, but when you use it, don't use too matte a foundation on your T-zone or you'll have the feeling that your skin is very dry there!
Don't remember the name, but it's in a pale green bottle...
Back to top Go down
i love make up!

i love make up!

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:43 pm

I was just going to suggest the milk of magnesia trick- i have heard so many great reviews about it recently ( i havent tried it myself yet-going to get some tomorrow, i will let you know what i think) I heard you just put it on in the morning before make up only a tiny bit on the places that get very oily (supposedly it contols oil all day-no touch ups needed) but be sure to moisturise at night to keep skin hydrated (i think thats often the problem-skin gets stripped of oils so it overcompensates with its oil production, i have found my skin is not oily now that i moisturise twice a day- apart from at that time of the month-nothing i do has helped then!!! heres hoping milk of magnesia will be my holy grail skin care product!!!)
Back to top Go down
samrea22

samrea22

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:37 am

hey try using powder foundation by mac studio fix its the best solution for oily skin type and use a moisterizer tht is oil free as a primer xclude th T-zone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN   FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN Empty

Back to top Go down

FOUNDATION FOR OILY SKIN
Page 1 of 1