FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie overloaded with simple questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
babyanimal

babyanimal

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Newbie overloaded with simple questions Empty
PostSubject: Newbie overloaded with simple questions   Newbie overloaded with simple questions EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:45 am

I thought I knew everything about makeup (common knowledge) but I didn't know the little details that made a big difference.

First of all, i've never used brushes. I've always used q-tips, seemed to work best for me, that and my hands. I just bought some brushes and I have no idea if they work better or if i'm using them wrong. I like a very BOLD look, and blending seems to take away from the darkness I want. I've tried copying the tutorials, and it hasn't helped me (makeupbrush-wise)

Secondly, the only products i've ever used are liquid foundation, followed with powdered, blush, eyeliner, and eyeshadows. I never heard of bronzer! I picked up some yesterday and my god it did wonders, my whole face warmed up, simply amazing. The contour video really helped me out in that department. Now I don't know what primer, concealer, and a highlighter does (or how they even look). But seriously, if these make a big difference as the bronzer did please let me know! Also I love the glowy-look, is that from moisturizing your face first? If so, is there any specifics?

This website is by far one of the best i've ever come across. Ive showed multiple friends this website and videos and they were in as much awe as I was. It's magnificent. And to think I just found out you guys had a forum! One suggestion would be hair tips! That'd be the cherry on top of everything.
Back to top Go down
Pakiza

Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie overloaded with simple questions   Newbie overloaded with simple questions EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Hello!

Well, highlighter is great around your eyes. It gives you that glowy look and looks amazing in pictures. I would put it right under your eyebrows, starting from the arch of your eyebrow, to the end and right at the top of your cheek bone. I use Benefit High Beam and I love it. It's also great, right over your nose, starting from the top, all the way down to the tip (not the sides, use some bronzer on the sides of your nose to make it look slimmer and highlighter on the top). Oh yeah, right on the inner corner of your eye too, really opens your eye up.

I'm not big on concealer so I wont be much help there.

I use a primer for my whole face. It helps your makeup go on smoother and looks fresh longer. I didn't use it for a long time and when I did, I couldn't believe how I went without it. I use a primer I found at an Akins natural food store, it's $20 but it'll last you at least a year because I use just a drop and it covers your whole face.

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
babyanimal

babyanimal

Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie overloaded with simple questions   Newbie overloaded with simple questions EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 4:26 pm

thank you so much, i really was looking forward to a response and someone finally helped out. thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Pakiza

Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie overloaded with simple questions   Newbie overloaded with simple questions EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 4:33 pm

No problem. Very Happy

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie overloaded with simple questions   Newbie overloaded with simple questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie overloaded with simple questions
Page 1 of 1