FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Streaky finish with foundation brush?

Go down 
+2
marimartinez12
marmot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
marmot

marmot

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Streaky finish with foundation brush? Empty
PostSubject: Streaky finish with foundation brush?   Streaky finish with foundation brush? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:51 am

I have a body shop foundation brush and wear MAC select foundation. Whenever I try and apply with a brush I get a horribly streaky finish (plus the brush seems to eat foundation)!

Is it likely to be the brush or the foundation? I only seem to get a good finish if I use my fingers. I always moisturise before hand but don't use a primer. Any tips for a good finish using a brush?
Back to top Go down
marimartinez12

marimartinez12

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Streaky finish with foundation brush?   Streaky finish with foundation brush? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:16 am

Whatever medium works best is what you should stick with. I use my hands sometimes, if not a brush like the MAC 189 is the one I use for liquid or Studio Tech... I find that the 190 is too small for foundation even though that's MAC's "foundation" brush.

Try applying your moisturizer with the foundation brush first, so when you DO apply your foundation it doesn't "eat foundation" like you say. LOL

I also recently ordered one from Louise Young which I'm anticipating happily. It looks big and yummy. (I have a thing for brushes, cant you tell?)

For powder foundation or MAC MSF's I like the 182. Since it's pretty dense, it offers very good coverage.

I've heard that the Beauty Blender sponge is pretty good for foundation application as well but I'm not much into using sponges. I find they absorb too much product.

Let me know what works out for you.
Back to top Go down
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin
Pixiwoo Sam

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Streaky finish with foundation brush?   Streaky finish with foundation brush? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:37 am

This might help.
I NEVER work with a dry foundation brush. I always have a clean foundation brush that I use to apply my moisturiser first. This will prevent it eating your foundation and well help it not to streak.
Back to top Go down
https://fashionface.forumotion.com
marmot

marmot

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Streaky finish with foundation brush?   Streaky finish with foundation brush? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks to you both for the tip about the moisturiser. I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on, anything that stops it eating my foundation would be great Laughing

You made me laugh about your thing for brushes mari. I didn't think I had many then lined them all up after cleaning them and realised I had 20 or so. I only have a couple of full size MAC ones though, the 209 and the 227 (I blame nic's vids for that purchase Wink ). I'd really like replace some of my SE ones with the real thing. More of an urge than a necessity though I think!
Back to top Go down
Lindy

Lindy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Streaky finish with foundation brush?   Streaky finish with foundation brush? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:51 am

Personally I love to use my MAC 168 for applying liquid foundation. Smile I guess it might seem like a weird choice for a foundation brush but out of all the brushes and other tools I've ever tried to apply my liquid foundation with, this is by far the best. (I never liked the 168 for countouring which is what it's meant for. )

This brush blends foundation on to the skin like a dream - there's no streaking. It's also super soft so it doesn't irritate the skin and since it's angle shaped, you can easily reach all those areas that can sometimes be kinda hard to reach, like around the eyes and between the eyebrows. Wink

Streaky finish with foundation brush? M88210
Back to top Go down
justinethequeen

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Streaky finish with foundation brush?   Streaky finish with foundation brush? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Lindy wrote:
Personally I love to use my MAC 168 for applying liquid foundation. Smile I guess it might seem like a weird choice for a foundation brush but out of all the brushes and other tools I've ever tried to apply my liquid foundation with, this is by far the best. (I never liked the 168 for countouring which is what it's meant for. )

This brush blends foundation on to the skin like a dream - there's no streaking. It's also super soft so it doesn't irritate the skin and since it's angle shaped, you can easily reach all those areas that can sometimes be kinda hard to reach, like around the eyes and between the eyebrows. Wink

Streaky finish with foundation brush? M88210

I will have to try that one! Sam and Nic have said not to limit your brushes to use eyes for lips and vise versa. It doesn't sound weird!
Back to top Go down
Pixiwoo Nic

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Streaky finish with foundation brush?   Streaky finish with foundation brush? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 3:13 pm

If it works it can't be wrong. x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Streaky finish with foundation brush?   Streaky finish with foundation brush? Empty

Back to top Go down

Streaky finish with foundation brush?
Page 1 of 1