FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Tutorial Request thread

Go down 
+32
Halz
flyamoon
maschatv
amcm2
Pooks
super85unknown
divabeast
melissa89
Flora
MyDiorLipsGlow
Domrocks
lesbelleschoses
meritadelmar
debbie_greece
Almaaz
Charlotte
Odette
Astrid
Pixiwoo Sam
Marilyn
lorrilin
BlondieGrime
Elvira
sweets
cas3883
betsie79
amandalovesmac
Michaela
shakha
DollyV
GENIERAVIKANTH
Janett
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Janett
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

The Official Tutorial Request thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Dear members,

As a result of cluttering and disorganization, Sam and I have decided to turn the "Tutorial Requests" forum into a simple sticky thread. The reason for this is because request threads only had an average of 3-4 posts before falling to the bottom of the forum, never to be read or replied to again. If this would continue, the forum would reach 1,000 request threads in just a couple of weeks, more or less. So from now on, requests must be posted in this thread only.

However, for those of you wondering what happened to the old requests, we've compiled them into a simple file to keep it recorded. Most, if not all, of those requests were already answered. If your request never received a response, know that your request has been saved and forwarded to Sam. Feel free to post it here again, if you wish.

If you are wondering how you will get a response for your request, Sam and Nic will edit your original post with their reply underneath it.

Note:
Please do not post your request more than once in the same page if it hasn't received a response.

To increase your chances of receiving a reply, please include as many sources (images and/or links) of the look you'd like to see recreated along with your request. This will help Sam or Nic get a better understanding of the look and will save them the time and effort of having to research the look themselves.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
GENIERAVIKANTH

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: arabic eye tutorial..a request....   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:35 pm

hi dr
i need to post a request...i hv pictures to post..its an arabic eye makeup..the link is http://www.arabcrazy.net/models/item-1084.html ....esp the last few photos are good as they are smokey eye....i am crazy of arabic eye makeup..pls do a more calm version this as i think its too dramatic.....more wearable version i mean....thnks..btw, u guys rock..best teachers ever...hv learned so much from u guys..thnks for ur gd wrk...
genie
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi guys, love your tutorials, very inspiring. I have already shocked friends with a bit of Edie Sedgwick and definitely have my eye on the new Blondie look.

Anyway I would like to request an 80s inspired look from one of my all time favourite girl bands, Strawberry Switchblade! The look is extreme with a few fun twists and perfect for any sort of 80s effect, fancy dress or as an accompaniment to some gothic garb!

Here are some pictures. You might appreciate that the first two were from a Smash Hits issue from 1984!

The Official Tutorial Request thread Breezy

The Official Tutorial Request thread Carnations

The Official Tutorial Request thread Wappingback2back

And if anyone is interested, here is their hit 'Since Yesterday':

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
shakha

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:32 pm

Hi Sam n Nic,

Your tutorials are just wonderful. Becoz of you, I can do a proper eyeliner! Very Happy

I wud like to request a makeup tutorial for my mom n for the ladies who are 50 n above. Everyday look n special occasion look..

Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
Michaela

Michaela

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:34 am

shakha wrote:
Hi Sam n Nic,

Your tutorials are just wonderful. Becoz of you, I can do a proper eyeliner! Very Happy

I wud like to request a makeup tutorial for my mom n for the ladies who are 50 n above. Everyday look n special occasion look..

Thank you!!!

I was going to request the same thing Laughing !
Back to top Go down
amandalovesmac

amandalovesmac

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:52 am

This isn't a specific tutorial request-like a celebrity-but I was wondering if you could do a tutorial on your favorite look-or a type of look u like to do most when doing peoples makeup?
Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://themakeupfix.blogspot.com/
betsie79

Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: ulrika johnson   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Bit of a random one but after watching Ulrika on Piers Morgans life stories would you be able to show a similar look
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:59 am

I think era based makeup is always interesting and was watching a documentary about the 90s, and couldn't help but remember just how much makeup had to be troweled on. The 90s are seemingly making a comeback as well, so an early to mid 90s indie goth look. Sort of Kylie Minogue, Drew Barrymore types pale and interesting with dark lips..

The Official Tutorial Request thread Kylieminogue_confide480

The Official Tutorial Request thread Drew_barrymore_3

The Official Tutorial Request thread Gwen2
Back to top Go down
cas3883

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:50 am

Please, please, please do a tutorial on bridal makeup! Something very classic and beautiful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sweets

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:19 pm

how about an Annie Lennox tutorial? I think she's great and some of her looks were amazing

Now
http://www.annielennox.com/imageViewer.php?image=600

Then!
http://www.annielennox.com/imageViewer.php?image=468
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Oh yes I agree with Annie Lennox!

Even more 'then'. Such beautiful androgyny Love

The Official Tutorial Request thread 262280
Back to top Go down
sweets

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:42 am

yet another request!

I think the bronze godess tutorial was excellent and along a similar vein, can you do a tutorial on how to use the bobbi brown shimmer brick - I love the look of it but no idea whether to use as eyeshadow/blusher/both.
Back to top Go down
Elvira

Elvira

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 6:43 am

Hello, Sam and Nic!
All the latest tutorials are about bronze and shine, they look really nice but I would love to see a tutorial about how to make pale skin look fresh and healthy(because even in summer many people's skin stays fair) and how to make beautiful eyes without using browny colors.
If you have time, please do it Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://vkontakte.ru/id23581013
BlondieGrime

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 10:18 am

i've been thinking.. and i was wondering if either of the girls would be prepared to do a glitter face art tutuorial..

on the lines of..

The Official Tutorial Request thread Kate-moss-34th-birthday-party

thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
lorrilin

lorrilin

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Bronze Universel and Asian Faces   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Hello. I live in the US and haven't been able to find the Bronze Universel that Nic and Sam use so often. Local counters say they're not carrying it anymore. It's not on the Chanel's US website and the one on the Europe website is the sun illuminator, a cream, not the powder. Any suggestions on how I could get my hands on it?

Secondly, is there any possibility that you might be able to do a look on an Asian model? Application on monolids is obviously much different than on a typical European eye. Also there is often less depth to our faces which makes contouring and highlighting a little different.

Thanks for putting together this useful and interactive website!

Lorri
Back to top Go down
Marilyn

Marilyn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 pm

BlondieGrime wrote:
i've been thinking.. and i was wondering if either of the girls would be prepared to do a glitter face art tutuorial..

on the lines of..

The Official Tutorial Request thread Kate-moss-34th-birthday-party

thanks Smile

Ooh i was going to say this too! A kind of Ziggy Stardust inspired look Smile
Back to top Go down
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin
Pixiwoo Sam

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:12 am

I think both of these were done with Gold leaf but I cant see any reason why glitter wouldnt work. Infact it is probably easier.
Back to top Go down
https://fashionface.forumotion.com
Astrid

Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:56 am

Hello,
I was wondering if the girls could perhaps do a basics tutorial on diguising all those nasty bits, blemishs, dark circles under the eyes, wrinkles etc. Personally I'm starting to gets lines under my eyes *cries* and find at times my concealer is starting to grab onto these.

Also I love bright red eye shadow but find that I am doing the same thing with it all the time as I'm trying to avoid the 'I have an eye infection' look. I usually have black liner along the lash and fade the red into black shadow. Would love to have a different look to do with this colour.

Ax
Back to top Go down
Odette

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:38 am

Would it be possible for you to do a series of tutorials on eyeshadow placement for different eye shapes?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 2:06 pm

Siouxsie Sioux!

The Official Tutorial Request thread Aneveningwithsiouxsie8
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Makeup for "mature" women   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:39 am

Hi guys,

If at all possible, I would love to see you do a somewhat dramatic (evening) look on someone over 45 Smile There are new challenges now for someone like me that likes a more dramatic look, but whose eyes have changed (lines, etc.). I really can't use concealer anymore as it just accentuates fine lines under the eyes. I also use very little if any frosted type shadows. Generally, I think that they look terrible on mature women.

Anyhooo, if at all possible, it would be great to see either of you work your magic.

Thanks!

ps Keep up the great work and I hope that tons of work and money and all that good stuff comes your way from the attention that the two of you have received from your Youtube tutorials.

aka Blackwidow on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Almaaz

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Arabic Make up Tutorial   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:23 pm

please please please do a Haifa Wehbe look

heres one of her videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oyd36ZIfYA

and heres a few of her pics
The Official Tutorial Request thread Normal_000000h
The Official Tutorial Request thread Haifa-wehbe-102
The Official Tutorial Request thread Allarabstars-com_haifa-wahby-4-4-09
Back to top Go down
debbie_greece

debbie_greece

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: sex pistols tutorial!   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:39 pm

hello girls!!!!

first of all i s like to say that i absolutely love your videos!!u r definitely my fav makeup
tutors in utube!!!plus u r GORGEOUS!!!

so anyways...having watched your blondie tut (and fell absolutely IN LOVE w/ it!!!)
i was wondering if u could do a sex pistols inspired look!!!!

also i would also love you to give some suggestions in using lady danger lipstick...its SUCH an amazing colour but im too afraid to wear it--i dont know what make up to combine it w/...

anyways!!thanx a loooot!
hope u do this tutorial!!

kisses!!!!
Back to top Go down
meritadelmar

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: lily allen look!!! from vid not fair   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:04 pm

could you do the lily allen's look from the videoclip not fair..or just an inspiration...i don't know how to do the eyes...
Back to top Go down
lesbelleschoses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Flies? Mouches?   The Official Tutorial Request thread EmptySat May 09, 2009 2:40 am

Hi Samantha, hi Nic :-)

I would like to say first that am very impressed by your job, because on the contrary of most people, you're able to transform yourself or others into completely different people from what they (you) are, it is very impressing!

My tutorial wish can sound a bit strange: I would love to now how to do a "mouche"; I don't know the term in English (maybe the same as in French), the translation would be "fly" but it might also not be the right term :-) Actually, it is the kind of make-up women used to do in the XVIIIth century to show how pale their skin was. It is kind of a fake beauty spot, It seems they used to use fabric for it, but I would like something natural, and I wonder what I could ue for the texture, because it is not only a colour but also a certain volume...

Depending on where on their face they used to place them, it had a different name, and the location on the face was supposed to put an accent on their character, as shown on this picture:

The Official Tutorial Request thread Mouches

Hope you'll find this suggestion interesting and do a tutorial on it :-))))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Tutorial Request thread   The Official Tutorial Request thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Tutorial Request thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next