PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in

What is your makeup style?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Odette

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-07

What is your makeup style? Empty
PostSubject: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:15 am

Just thought I'd ask what everyone's makeup style(s) is and why?

For everyday wear I prefer something that enhances my features and skin colour especially for work. When I am feeling brave and experimental I love playing with colours.

I'd say my style is a combination classy elegance and funky edginess.
Back to top Go down
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin
Pixiwoo Sam

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:52 am

Hmmm ...I think my style is slightly hollywood retro. I think.
Back to top Go down
https://fashionface.forumotion.com
mellymel123

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:10 pm

I'd have to say that my make-up style is currently very natural. I don't think I'm very good at applying cosmetics,so I stick to glossy lips with mascara most of the time. I really enjoy watching the videos by Sam and Nicola because it helps me to learn the proper techniques for applying make-up. I one day aspire to have very polished looking make-up routine that is modern yet nostalgic. I love old Hollywood glamour and hope to attain a look reminiscent of that, but with a modern spin.
Back to top Go down
divadani

divadani

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:21 am

I'd say for me, I go through phases. Sometimes I love more dramatic makeup with dark eyeshadows or bold lips. But other times, I just get really sick of makeup and try to keep it as natural as possible. This is probably the phase I'm in now. French women are really an inspiration because they have beautiful skin and makeup that does not distract from their face. You know how sometimes when you look at a person you see their makeup first? I've found that with French women, you see them and their skin first and makeup just plays a background role in enhancing certain features in a very subtle way.
Back to top Go down
CCee

CCee

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 4:36 pm

I think my style changes as much as my mood does.

I've been wearing false lashes last Friday with a silver eye, a elephant grey etherialish smokey eye with very pink lips this Saturday, thin black eyeliner with very dark berry lips on Sunday and today I've been wearing only mascara.

I've been known to actually change my makeup halfway through the day if I suddely feel like I need some colour to cheer me up, some dark smokeyness for confidence etc etc.

I do look at trends for inspiration, but if it doesn't suit my faceshape etc. I'll skip it just as easily. I do however try to always make sure my skin looks amazing though, I think that when you've got that down, you don't need much else. It is fun though!

I remember a friend of mine who was stuck in a rut, she wanted to try something new but wasn't sure if it would look good on her, so I told her, it's only makeup, if it doesn't look good, you take it off and try something different. I personally don't want to end up with just one look, I like looking slightly different every day. But that's just me.

Wow, that's a lot of me Rolling Eyes , now one of you should type Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.seeceeme.com/
samrea22

samrea22

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 am

i love smokey look
i wear it almost everytime, i manage to put on light smokey colores in th morning or at work,and at night i tend to get it heavier
Back to top Go down
Janett
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:28 am

I'm with Sam on this one. I love retro Hollywood glamour as well. Simple lined eyes and a bold lip.
Back to top Go down
RandomGlitter

RandomGlitter

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:11 pm

I try to switch it up, so I'm not in a rut.

During the day, I prefer to stay 'natural' using sheer colours, brow highlight, gloss, bronzer, mascara, blush. The odd day, I will throw in some purple pencil eyeliner (I have brown eyes), and if I feel extra spunky, some magenta (bright pink) lippy.

On nights I go out, I'm always trying something new.... smokey tone on tone, liquid liner, glitter, red/magenta lippies. Keep in mind, I'm 27, so it's a fine line! Laughing
Back to top Go down
fauxdiamonds

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 pm

For my everyday makeup I dont really use much, concealer, powder, mascara and chapstick. I save the eyeshadow and color for when Im going out or for a non-work day. Im 23 but it seems that my makeup routine is getting more difficult lol. I cant pass off just mascara anymore.
Back to top Go down
amestle

amestle

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:38 pm

Im with sam too. I'm obsess with retro/ old hollywood looks. Neutrals and eyeliner never fails. Its classic and perfect for any occasion. Change the lip colors and you're good to go.

However, I do love a nice set of dark sultry eyes for nighttime looks.
Back to top Go down
Noorie x

Noorie x

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 8:38 am

Im not too fussy with my make up looks, i like to try everything out and see what suits me. I love my blusher/bronzer and eye liner, during the day i go for rosy flushed cheeks and in the evening i go heavy on the eyes with liner and mascara. My brows have to be perfect when im doing my make up, im brow obsessed! I dont wear eyeshadow often only when i can be bothered or have the time lol and i also dont wear very bold lips- would love to but i dont think i can carry them off yet. I would say my make up style is clean and fresh.
Back to top Go down
Janett
Janett

Number of posts : 149

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 8:41 am

I'm totally brow-obsessed as well. If I can't wear a drop of makeup, my eyebrows better be perfect. It's one of the first things I notice about people when I first meet them.
Back to top Go down
Noorie x

Noorie x

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 8:54 am

Janett wrote:
I'm totally brow-obsessed as well. If I can't wear a drop of makeup, my eyebrows better be perfect. It's one of the first things I notice about people when I first meet them.
Yeah same here, its amazing how much they bring your features out!
Back to top Go down
marimartinez12

marimartinez12

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Makeup style   What is your makeup style? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 am

Depends on the day.

Daily running errands with the kids, etc.: Mascara, blush and lip gloss

Gotta go somewhere, but nothing fancy: the above in addition to foundation, eyeshadow, anywhere from neutrals to bright colors.

Going OUT: the above, in addition to winged liner, false lashes, sparkle depending on the event (like Mac Reflects Pearl, not chunks of glitter), strong lip, sometimes smokey.

There is sooooooooooooooooo much you can do with makeup that its difficult to stick to one style, at least for myself.
Back to top Go down
Carolyn

Carolyn

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 9:16 am

I like to experiment with looks especially on a Thursday when i'm at college (make up course) but on a normal day I usually go for dark lined eyes and a slick of gloss...........if i'm feeling brave i'll go for a colour on the lips but I really want to find a red that will suit me

xx
Back to top Go down
Lindy

Lindy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:23 am

divadani wrote:
I'd say for me, I go through phases. Sometimes I love more dramatic makeup with dark eyeshadows or bold lips. But other times, I just get really sick of makeup and try to keep it as natural as possible.

I constantly go through different phases as well. I love you Whatever happens to inspire me at the moment shows in my makeup style. Music and the past decades are probably my biggest sources for inspiration.
For me makeup is all about having fun and getting creative, so I enjoy trying out different styles as well as different techinques and ways to do my makeup.

I'm an eyebrow obsessed girl as well! It's true that they have a huge effect on the face. I have a very specific "taste" when it comes to my eyebrows and one time when I got them trimmed at a saloon, the girl there totally over plugged them and I was truly horrified. I can laugh about it now but back then, man, I even cried haha! Laughing

Skin is my biggest obsession though. No matter what makeup style I'm into at the moment, I always gotta have that perfect, flawless skin.
Back to top Go down
daisyb

daisyb

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:58 am

I love the natural make-up look that looks really flawless and neat. I like make-up to look clean, immaculate and the skin to be beautiful.

I do like to vary it though, especially at night time. Sometimes the smudgy 'rock' look is fab!
Back to top Go down
http://cupcakeswithcherries.blogspot.com/
justinethequeen

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 3:52 pm

I'm constantly trying new looks and I don't know if I have a particular style. I'll have to really think about that!
Back to top Go down
Marina

Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 7:36 am

I have phases as well, but love bright colors. I´m very pale and have very short dark hair, so I can get away with neon blue eyes and still look like I´m a good girl Wink

Right now that in the office the envirnonment is not very happy, I tend to wear brights, I guess to cheer myself and the rest up and it works!

Some other times, when I´m lazy, I´ll just go for lots of mascara an a red lip.
Back to top Go down
justinethequeen

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 11:13 am

I've been thinking a lot about this question and I don't think really have a particular style. I'll try anything at least once.
Back to top Go down
DollyV

DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Trashy/80s/Siouxsie Sioux.

Always liner, often top and bottom with flicks. I like to look cat-ish.

My own favourite from recent nights was a very light gold highlight blended into a bronzey midtone with a dark brown crease. It looked very Egyptian and made my blue eyes look huge.

Have also enjoyed a white to pink to purple eye, and for St. Paddy's a white to lime green to forest green eye. Finally got a decent blending brush, evidently.

Love to pick eye colours that match or compliment the colours in my clothes.
Back to top Go down
missloulabelle

Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:13 pm

mine is the same day in n day out. Its basically golds/browns eyeshadow, eyeliner and red lips with little blush and i've been doing the same routine for ages. If its a big night out or something i'll break into the colour mode n go funky.

I live in a small town full of farmers and nobody really does red lipstick or bright/bold makeup. Its funny to see people staring at your lips or eyeshadow. * gasp what is she wearing?* I'd love to move back to london Sad I miss the city life.
Back to top Go down
Pippa

Pippa

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 4:26 pm

I go through phases, but at the moment I'd say I'm more the vintage glamour side (well I hope I am)!

I change colour palettes according to my clothes (I know, how sad Rolling Eyes ) but I'll always have winged liquid eyeliner and very big lashes - my signature look!! I get the huge lashes by using lots of mascara, and usually different types at the same time!
I always have mixed colours for eyeshadow (usually 3 colours) One for all over the lid, a darker shade for contouring and a very light shade just at the inner corner of the lid. I like the way it shapes my eyes, making them less round and more of an almond shape. Then I have a blush to match my eyeshadow (pinks for blue/pink/grey eyeshadow and brown/peach for gold/earth/green). Don't ask me why but I think it brings the look together!!

I always use lipstick just because I like the look but only use dark colours if I've got light eyeshadows. Otherwise my absolute favourites to use L'oreal Nude lipstick in Taffeta (with pink blusher) and L'Oreal Star lipstick in Aishwarya (with peach or bronzer). Then sometimes I finish with a gloss. It's so weird how the different colour palettes can totally change your look!

I'd absolutely love to try the polished, 'natural' look, but I'm one of those people that needs makeup to fix features. And whatever I do I can't seem to look 'natural'. I adore that look where it looks like people just rolled out of bed looking flawless... that would be my ultimate goal!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Astrid

Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 8:33 am

I think I'm with the Phases/Mood Gals.

I play more with colour on the eyes than anything else but then again throw in a bold lip colour once in a while to change things up. But I would say it depends on my mood, my clothes or where I am going. Plus I wear glasses/contacts so that plays a apart in it also.
But one thing is for sure I never leave the house without make up on!
Ax
Back to top Go down
killingspree

killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:07 am

everyday no-makeup look. (pretty similar to pixiwoos everyday natural video):
-a little foundation for flaws.
-contour alittle.
-pencil in my brows in abit.
- sometimes i tint my lips nothing glossy though.

nightout:
dressy: etheral, romantic makeup or bedroom.
party: grungy rocker, brights,
Back to top Go down
http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your makeup style?   What is your makeup style? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your makeup style?
Page 1 of 1