FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Makeup for Stage?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pippa

Pippa

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Best Makeup for Stage? Empty
PostSubject: Best Makeup for Stage?   Best Makeup for Stage? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Hey guys! Very Happy Very new here but I loved the youtube videos and followed the link to here!

I was wondering if anyone could help? I'm the lead in a musical in a couple of months, incredibly excited about it! But I always get worried when I'm in shows about wearing the right makeup base.
I don't like using the cake foundation they provide as it's very harsh on my skin and they never have the right colour for me (as you can see from the pic... I'm very pale!! Laughing ). I will probably get a spray tan for this show - as I'm soooo pale - so colour's not going to be a problem.

So far in previous shows I've used MAC Studio Fix liquid foundation set with MAC Studio Fix powder patted on, and in the last show I was in I only used MAC Full Coverage. I didn't get a good look of the Studio Fixes onstage as there weren't many closeups of me but the Full Coverage I didn't like at all when the photographs came out. It ended up being very aging, setting into lines... which on a 19 year old is worrying!!

I have combination skin with visible pores and red spots, which I'll want to cover up. The look I want is a flawless, soft-looking skin. Does anyone know what the best products are that are easily accessable to achieve this look?? Should I use MAC again?

This probably sounds all very vain but I don't want to look bad for my first main role!! Embarassed

Thank you ever so much guys!! Blow kiss Will be posting more comments soon!

Pip xxxx
Back to top Go down
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin
Pixiwoo Sam

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Best Makeup for Stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Makeup for Stage?   Best Makeup for Stage? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:19 am

I would stick with the MAC. Providing you dont use Mineralize powders (flashback) to set it will photograph well and they provide super coverage for this kind of work.
Back to top Go down
https://fashionface.forumotion.com

Best Makeup for Stage?
Page 1 of 1