FASHIONFACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professional and non-professional make-up chat

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biggest make up hiccup

Go down 
+7
Almaaz
kaska
Janett
Elvira
Marilyn
Pixiwoo Sam
Astrid
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Astrid

Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Biggest make up hiccup Empty
PostSubject: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:43 pm

Hello guys,
Bit of a curious question here. Hope it makes sense.

Just wondering what you guys thought the biggest make up mistake is out there?

For example, where I live, fake tan is in high use what with lack of proper sun Very Happy But ALOT of women just go to the extremes. There seems to be a large trend in orange women! Not only is the colour bad but they also have the stained hands which is a massive give away.

Ax
Back to top Go down
Pixiwoo Sam
Admin
Pixiwoo Sam

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptyFri May 08, 2009 7:48 am

Wearing a darker foundation to make your face look tanned. Yuck
Back to top Go down
https://fashionface.forumotion.com
Marilyn

Marilyn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptyFri May 08, 2009 8:21 am

LOL both i agree with! There seems to be a lot of girls who wear fake tan and really thick foundation together that makes thier face look really dirty! yuk!
Back to top Go down
Astrid

Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:15 am

I guess I just seem to notice more and more young girls all going for the same look. Very over fake tanned skin.

I know what you mean about the 'dirty' look. The thing is make up is keeps getting better and better, along with fake tans. It's like they are almost going out of their way to get that look. Confuses me.

Ax
Back to top Go down
Elvira

Elvira

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:51 am

Here, in Russia many women use fake tan and darker foundations and it often looks odd, because we mostly don't have too much sunshine and people have fair skintones. And these girls with orangy faces(especially in winter) look ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://vkontakte.ru/id23581013
Janett
Janett

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:43 pm

What we in Miami call "chongas" (marimartinez12 will know what I'm talking about) - super dark lip liner with absolutely nothing else to fill in the lips. This look is usually followed with the "sharpie eyebrows" and opaque white eyebrow highlight. (<- though I've seen a couple of others use this under the brows too and I just think it looks clown-like) Shake Fist
Back to top Go down
kaska

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:31 am

what I really do not like is women with a quite intense fake or solarium-tan with bright orange or bright pink lipstick. This can be topped to the extreme by a light-blonde hair dye and light-turquoise eyeshaodw.
Back to top Go down
Almaaz

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:21 am

ofcourse the biggest is not choosing the fight foundation
but i also hate when lipliners are diffrent from the lipstick or when girls try to make their lips fuller by going over their nathural lip shape.. and somtimes it looks so obvious :/
Back to top Go down
lesbelleschoses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Excess   Biggest make up hiccup EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:56 am

Actually I think anything can become just horrible in excess: sun powder, UVs, blush, lip liner, pink (I hate pink!)
Back to top Go down
killingspree

killingspree

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:09 am

kaska wrote:
what I really do not like is women with a quite intense fake or solarium-tan with bright orange or bright pink lipstick. This can be topped to the extreme by a light-blonde hair dye and light-turquoise eyeshaodw.

lol my grandmother does that. I tried to tell her, but my russian isn't very good, either that or she ignorned me.
Esp. the bright pink lipstick ugh.
Once she kissed me and i went to school and had the mark there all day until i came home and my mum was like ugh what's that on your face?
><

--

Applying too much blush to the point where there is a line of demarcation.
I often used to see this is the morning on the train. Lol morningitis.

Also girls who wear makeup when they are going for a run. I can see where they are coming from but trackies and blush look very out of place.
Back to top Go down
http://bow-chicka-wah-wow.blogspot.com/
Marilyn

Marilyn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:58 pm

There is this girl who lives near me that wears really bright eyeshadow (like bright green or blue) lotsa thick black eyeliner and clumpy mascara, bright pink blusher and bright pink lips. It looks awful all together. Its better if you choose one area to work on, such as eyes, lips, cheeks etc, rather than doing a strong look all over. It makes her look like a clown, which is a shame as she is a naturaly pretty girl. Neutral
Back to top Go down
daisyb

daisyb

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptySun May 10, 2009 3:55 pm

The tanorexic look is not good. I think foundation tide lines are pretty bad too- I knew a girl at Uni and she always had them- I always remember it too. I would hate that to be me!
Back to top Go down
http://cupcakeswithcherries.blogspot.com/
DollyV

DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup EmptyMon May 11, 2009 4:17 pm

Every single one of those 'hiccups' is exactly what I love about make up. Beauty might be a happy outcome, but the creativity behind constructing a new face with powder, pigment and grease is more than enough to warrant its use.

So bring on the chongas, the chavs, the dot-to-dot eyebrows, the hoochies, the drag queens. the tanorexics, the Brooklyn Babes and the 50 year old teenagers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest make up hiccup   Biggest make up hiccup Empty

Back to top Go down

Biggest make up hiccup
Page 1 of 1